Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Gives us mid-late July orders hope!! Btw did you get the massive LFP email last week? I am just curious bc I ordered 7/18 and got that email ….and wondering if folks that were already on the list to get a VIN soon got the email or not.
Well, it’s hard to guesstimate who was on the list to receive a VIN soon but it does seem that there was some sort of cutoff date. Ie the letter seems to have gone out to those whose deliveries were towards the end of Q4. Btw agree with the comments about carvana eroding the value of leasing. Especially these days and for the foreseeable future (~2 years?), you would easily come out ahead by a few thousand dollars by selling vs leasing at the end of 3 year term.

Several times, keep getting different answers so really I have no idea what to expect or have any insight into whats going on with my car.
So much hazing involved in getting a Tesla.

Attachments

• 8247534.jpg
    8247534.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Funny
Reactions: Bullitt
Ordered the exact same LFP model from local inventory. Reached out to autofinance and just received this response. Worth a shot to see if they’re willing to do so, but I was not able to get the financing transferred despite having the same specs and pricing. View attachment 703198
That's so odd, did you place an entirely new order? I had my sa call me and he just assigned a lfp Vin to my current order, which was complete with approved financing already. I didn't have to do a thing, was also the same exact color and specs as the car I originally ordered.

i hate when you tell people you’re getting a tesla and they go “you ARE???” in that tone of disgust… and then proceed to relay a tale of horror about friends of theirs who went from NJ to FL + it took them an extra 5 hours due to charging problems. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

*continues humming “someday my VIN will come” aggressively louder*

Last edited:
That's so odd, did you place an entirely new order? I had my sa call me and he just assigned a lfp Vin to my current order, which was complete with approved financing already. I didn't have to do a thing, was also the same exact color and specs as the car I originally ordered.
I find it so fascinating that there are two completely different "SA Experiences"...

You either get:
A. SA is in constant contact regarding your order during the whole process and will help you along.​
or​
B. Never hear from your SA at all during the whole order and delivery process.​
@Cias - Care to explain how you came into contact with your SA? Did you order at a store? Did you reach out and demand an SA? Or did they just reach out one day out of the blue?

Reactions: megansblonde
I usually lease and am quite good at getting great deals. The 3 didn’t make sense to lease IMO. I’m basically betting the TCO (total cost of ownership) will be lower via owning, mainly due to resale value exceeding RV in the next 2-3 years.

As others have mentioned the likes of Carmax, Carvana, etc have made selling much easier, even if you don’t buy anything from them. The private party market seems quite robust too.

Reactions: alkaman
I find it so fascinating that there are two completely different "SA Experiences"...

You either get:
A. SA is in constant contact regarding your order during the whole process and will help you along.​
or​
B. Never hear from your SA at all during the whole order and delivery process.​
@Cias - Care to explain how you came into contact with your SA? Did you order at a store? Did you reach out and demand an SA? Or did they just reach out one day out of the blue?

When I got the lfp email, I simply texted him. "hey lex, mind giving me a call when you can?" he replied with "absolutely, assuming about that email? Gimmie 5 minutes".

And once he called, he explained what he knew about the lfp battery and said they had found out about this with that email as well. They didn't even know they were being shipped a sudden influx of cars.

He asked if I wanted the exact same specs in the lfp, then checked his internal system to see if one in my color and selections was headed to my location (springfield NJ) said we're in luck found an exact match. Within 5 minutes of that, I had a Vin email and asked about financing since I was already approved, he said not to worry as he simply assigned the new lfp Vin directly to my existing order so my financing will stay the same. He did mention that if I made literally any alterations to the order, color wheels anything, I'd have to do a new loan. But since the car matched my original order exactly i didn't have to do anything.

My delivery day is scheduled for the 6th

When I got the lfp email, I simply texted him. "hey lex, mind giving me a call when you can?" he replied with "absolutely, assuming about that email? Gimmie 5 minutes".

And once he called, he explained what he knew about the lfp battery and said they had found out about this with that email as well. They didn't even know they were being shipped a sudden influx of cars.

He asked if I wanted the exact same specs in the lfp, then checked his internal system to see if one in my color and selections was headed to my location (springfield NJ) said we're in luck found an exact match. Within 5 minutes of that, I had a Vin email and asked about financing since I was already approved, he said not to worry as he simply assigned the new lfp Vin directly to my existing order so my financing will stay the same. He did mention that if I made literally any alterations to the order, color wheels anything, I'd have to do a new loan. But since the car matched my original order exactly i didn't have to do anything.

My delivery day is scheduled for the 6th
That's pretty cool, but I think you misunderstood my original question. How did the relationship start? Did "lex" reach out to you when you placed your order? Or Did you reach out to Springfield and demand to speak with your SA?

That's pretty cool, but I think you misunderstood my original question. How did the relationship start? Did "lex" reach out to you when you placed your order? Or Did you reach out to Springfield and demand to speak with your SA?
Oh, a few days after I originally placed my order in early July he texted me with his name number and email and said to reach out with any questions I had.

Reactions: zzlark