Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really considering on getting the LFP now..esp with the 100% charge.

For those who ordered the LFP with no email and existing NCA orders, do you just place a new order when a vehicle pops up on "existing order" and then contact Tesla to cancel the NCA order?

i'm in orange county and saw a few pop up in LA, but want to be prepared to jump on one if thats how it works
Yes, I placed a new order and asked my SA to cancel the NCA order. The $100 order fee will be transferred to the new order.

Reactions: s2000ah
What is a “Tesla Vision Email”?
Its where you get a message on your account to accept Tesla Vision only Autopilot system. I took a screen shot
Screenshot_20210905-075156_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: NB Hip fan

For those who ordered the LFP with no email and existing NCA orders, do you just place a new order when a vehicle pops up on "existing order" and then contact Tesla to cancel the NCA order?

i'm in orange county and saw a few pop up in LA, but want to be prepared to jump on one if thats how it works
I had an existing NCA order and read about the emails, but did not get one myself. I found an inventory LFP car and chatted with an online rep while I made the new order. Then she canceled the NCA order, which immediately disappeared from my account.

I ordered NCA on 7/11 and then LFP on 8/29 (I did not get the email but took advantage anyway), and I still have both orders open. I talked to a few people at Tesla since the second order and they suggested I keep both orders open until I get closer to picking up my LFP -- since my NCA EDD was also in Sept just a couple weeks after the LFP EDD, I didn't want to completely cancel it and give it up in case something happened to delay the LFP delivery. Now that I have an LFP delivery appt scheduled, I will go ahead and have the orders merged and get the $100 credited to the LFP order. I might even wait until tomorrow after my Friday delivery is confirmed, just to play it extra safe.

My point is, I don't think there's any downside to keeping both orders open, especially if your NCA EDD isn't too far out and given LFPs aren't even necessarily built yet.

Congrats CTF! Beautiful M3 in pearl white!

I got the call this morning from Tesla Rockville and picking mine up on Thursday Sept 9, 4pm.

How was your experience at the Tesla dealership? Does your vehicle come with the tire inflator (mandatory for MD)?
Thanks! And very nice! When I went, it was a little tough to maneuver around and inspect my M3 at first because all of the cars that were ready for pickup were just sandwiched together in the small parking lot out front along with other new owners moving around and inspecting their own vehicles. But the Tesla staff on-site were very friendly and regularly came by to address all of my questions/concerns. I checked the car, reviewed and signed the papers in the car, and swapped the signed papers for keycards with one of the staff members before driving off. Overall, great hassle-free experience.

And yup, mine came with the "Tire Repair Kit" that's posted on the Tesla vehicle accessories page. It was sealed in plastic wrap right next to the mobile connector bundle in the trunk. The plastic front license plate mount was also in there, but not a fan (feels cheap and uses double-sided tape).

Your SA should cancel the order for you

Honestly every person at Tesla I talk to tells me a different story. I went into a local Tesla and asked about when they think my order will arrive and they said they have no idea. This is after one person telling me it would arrive this week and another person telling me it would arrive by the 3rd week….
I believe one of them…. the one who said they have no idea. 🤣

This was definitely the way to go, I emailed them and they called me to schedule delivery within 45 min. Set up for Friday at 10AM. Thanks for the help!
Interesting. I would happily pick up from Springfield over the next couple days - Paramus and Springfield are the same distance from me and now I'm kicking myself for choosing Paramus in the first place (not that I possible could have known this would happen lol) - but doesn't seem like I have a choice and now I have to sit here and wait for my car to be transported from Springfield to Paramus (apparently not happening until Thursday) and try to get an appointment scheduled there.
Just spoke to someone and apparently they are moving the car (which was already at the Springfield location) BACK to Paramus since that has re-opened, which has delayed the EDD three days to 9/10-9/12... frustrating! Going to work on getting a Friday pickup since we really were banking on having the car for this weekend.
Another Paramus/Springfield update - I was able to get an appt for Friday at 10AM at Paramus, as my car was supposed to be transported from Springfield to Paramus tomorrow. They just called to say that transport has been delayed but they could arrange for me to pick up from Springfield on Friday instead if I wanted to do that. Really appreciate them offering that since I previously mentioned in my email to them that I'd really like to have the car by this weekend, and Springfield and Paramus are basically the same distance from me. Hopefully no more changes at this point, but don't expect any since the car has been sitting at the Springfield location for about a week now. :)

Another Paramus/Springfield update - I was able to get an appt for Friday at 10AM at Paramus, as my car was supposed to be transported from Springfield to Paramus tomorrow. They just called to say that transport has been delayed but they could arrange for me to pick up from Springfield on Friday instead if I wanted to do that. Really appreciate them offering that since I previously mentioned in my email to them that I'd really like to have the car by this weekend, and Springfield and Paramus are basically the same distance from me. Hopefully no more changes at this point, but don't expect any since the car has been sitting at the Springfield location for about a week now. :)
I think I am in the same boat as you. Scheduled for Paramus on Saturday at 12pm. Hoping they don't make me go to Springfield...