Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my SR+ back in May, the price delta between the SR+ and LR was $10k. As of right now, the price delta is "only" $6k between the SR+ and LR. If I was ordering a 3 now, I would seriously consider the +$6k LR...and that's before even factoring that I could probably get a LR within the next 2 months instead of sometime June-Sep 2022 with a current SR+ order.

I actually have a LR on order (betting on the tax credit being renewed). If that happens, I'll take delivery sometime next year and flip the SR+ for the LR. Given current used car values and the fact the car market will not likely improve much, if any, in the next few months, I'll likely be able to swap my SR+ for a LR and actually pocket some money (again, assuming the tax credit gets passed).

Even if the tax credit renewal fails, it may still be worth it for me to upgrade to an LR if the "upgrade" fee isn't too high.
In Canada the price difference between SR+ and LR is 9k. SR+ is only eligible for rebate from Federal (5k) + 8k ( In Quebec where I am from).

Total price difference after factoring rebates is 22k between SR+ and LR. That’s huge and makes SR+ way cheaper and sensible option to buy here.

In Canada the price difference between SR+ and LR is 9k. SR+ is only eligible for rebate from Federal (5k) + 8k ( In Quebec where I am from).

Total price difference after factoring rebates is 22k between SR+ and LR. That’s huge and makes SR+ way cheaper and sensible option to buy here.
Didn't realize you were north of the border. Yeah, in your case, a LR doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Ther0ck and vsg055
For those discussing the model names of the car with smaller battery, it is:
old name : Model 3 Standard Range Plus
new name : Model 3
Yes it's rear wheel drive, but that's not the model name.

For those who were suddenly bumped to January delivery, this is good news for you. You will enjoy an $8000 *refundable* tax credit that begins January 1st, meaning you collect the entire $8000 no matter your tax liability, even with business losses, etc. Sure it didn't pass yet, but it will within 2 weeks.

For those who are planning to sell your current car BEFORE you get your Model 3, that's a terrible idea. Just wait until you take delivery of the Model 3, then list your car for sale the next day. Carvana or Shift or CarMax will buy your car. Or if you live in a state with a sales tax reduction from trading in to Tesla, just trade in to Tesla when getting your Model 3.

For me personally : I'm replacing my 2018 LRRWD Model 3 with a 2022 Model 3. I ordered in May, price is $39,500, I got base with white/black/18s. Delivery delayed to Jan 5th. I'm hoping that the new version fixes the very rough ride on the July 2018 suspension, and I'm hoping the cabin interior is quieter at 80mph compared to my 2018. I also prefer the new center console, power trunk, and I like the new LFP battery with 100% daily charging. But I'm bummed about my 0 to 60 time going from 4.8 seconds (2018 LRRWD) to 5.8 seconds (2022 RWD).
Hope some of this helps.

Do you have a reference for the proposed start date?

The latest bill is here. Search for the word "greening" to find the beginning of the part on EV tax credits

My SA told me that failing to fill out payment would cause my place in line to slip. He suggested selecting "cash" and then we could switch it once a VIN was assigned.
Just got reply from my SA and he confirmed that w/o the payment info step finished, your place in line do slip. And that's what I did last night. Today I got an EDD: March 23 - April 20.

Reactions: TexaCali and Labs

The latest bill is here. Search for the word "greening" to find the beginning of the part on EV tax credits

Is anybody actually seeing the text where the date set for the tax credit is 1/1/22? If so, would you be so kind as to copy and paste the text for me and others who might not be able to figure out where it is? TIA!

E1F95067-365F-405A-980D-F2D424FB5EFF.jpeg

Let’s goooooooo. Ordered late September. Black/black sr+ with aero wheels. EDD was originally Feb 2022. Kind of bummed I’ll miss out on the EV rebate but I couldn’t say no to my trade in offer since the used market is hot right now