Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 MSM color on 11/15/21 and paid my $250 reservation. I got an email the next day asking for final payment, provided me with my VIN, and asked me to schedule delivery for next week. I went to the website and confirmed it was all true.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Is this a glitch in the matrix?
Wow. Unheard of. How is that even possible?

I ordered a Model 3 MSM color on 11/15/21 and paid my $250 reservation. I got an email the next day asking for final payment, provided me with my VIN, and asked me to schedule delivery for next week. I went to the website and confirmed it was all true.

I ordered a SR+ white/white aero on 8/25, and got assigned a VIN either later that same day or the next day 8/26. Took delivery on 9/3. It’s an LFP car.

You must have picked up a vechicle that someone put on hold or had to cancel. But I still can’t imagine how there was no others in your area that didn’t have the same spec far further ahead of you on the list. Very strange. Might want to go buy a lottery ticket tonight while you’re at it.

Reactions: getimti

Does the VIN end in NFxxxxxx or MFxxxxxx? I suppose you might be getting an inventory 2021 model, MF would indicate 2021.

Model: M3 SR+, DBM/Black/Aero
Placed order on 9/13/21
EDD Previous - All over the place (Nov '21 to June '22)
EDD as of 11/7: 12/11-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/22-12/20
Vin: N/A

I am getting closer, just hope it doesn't move back out again.
Update

Placed order on 9/13/21
EDD as of 11/19: 11/21-12/2

I noticed when I opened the Tesla App this morning that my EDD narrowed and it stated "We're Building Your Car". I'm wondering if they are really building my car or it is just an App update and everyone sees this message when they are waiting. I never saw this message before.

Update

Placed order on 9/13/21

I noticed when I opened the Tesla App this morning that my EDD narrowed and it stated "We're Building Your Car". I'm wondering if they are really building my car or it is just an App update and everyone sees this message when they are waiting. I never saw this message before.
Got the same message this morning.

Attachments

• 1935F45C-B120-447A-A078-53530D6B31AC.jpeg
    1935F45C-B120-447A-A078-53530D6B31AC.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 111
Update

Placed order on 9/13/21

Same for me, Website shows QR code directing to the app. My EDD is advancing by a day everyday (Nov 17-21, Nov18-22, Nov 19-23 today),, so fingers crossed. Assuming it's on a truck making its way to Denver. All tasks completed in app except for "Amount Due".

Same for me, Website shows QR code directing to the app. My EDD is advancing by a day everyday (Nov 17-21, Nov18-22, Nov 19-23 today),, so fingers crossed. Assuming it's on a truck making its way to Denver. All tasks completed in app except for "Amount Due".
Yep, exact same scenario. Definitely a change from before so am thinking we are close. I'll post my Vin date when I receive it.

Likewise as well. I have the new bits of info on my app. Is this common for those who got theirs delivered?

You all have a smaller delivery window. Mine is still a month spread. 11/26-12/24.

I'm guessing that's an update that affected everyone's mobile or online platform appearance. I got excited at first, thinking ooohh, is it about time? But it looks like everyone got it.

With the House passing BBB and it now heading to the Senate, for a maybe full pass by Christmas, I'm hoping this will spur *loads* of folks to put their orders on hold so I CAN GET MY FREAKING CAR I ORDERED IN JULY!!!

Reactions: GorgeM
Curious why those are taking delivery now and not waiting till 2022 for the tax credits
Tired of waiting, also locked in lower prices, so difference is less,, still hurts a bit,, but essentially "I WANT IT NOW"! Also, I feel Tesla may push back lower priced bookings once the deluge opens up when the bill is passed. So may be i will have to wait another 2-3 months or more ..

Speaking of efficiency, can you post a copy of the window sticker that came with your car showing the EPA rated fuel economy, etc. Thanks.

Here ya go. 25 kWh per 100 miles, 126 Mpge highway, 138 city, 132 combined. 272 mile range.

These numbers imply a 68kWh battery would be required, but the energy display suggests it is a 60kWhr battery. FWIW I'm seeing ~210 Whr/mile with combined highway/city driving, vs the 250 stated on the sticker. Around 220 Whr/mile would make the range and battery numbers agree.

PXL_20211119_194607373 - Copy.jpg

as a long time owner and enthusiast ( you have to be to put up with this S___ to be one ) welcome to tesla!.... Personally I have been lucky. the SC near me is great , and responsive . AP only tried to kill me twice. I got a near perfect car and got it when they were hungry for the business. when I re-up in a few years, it will be a different experience I am sure..... hang in there the car and the company are still worth it.

• Disagree
Reactions: CrocoSan
I find it absolutely unbelievable that a "Tech company" that can shoot a rocket into earth orbit and re land the launch module, can't tell me an actual date for delivery of my $80,000 car. Won't fit roof racks until after I take delivery. a ten day delivery window. entered that today the 20th November, still no #$%#$ word.
Am beyond frustrated.
A red performance with white interior AND fsd, is only 72k. You in the wrong forum?