Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I spoke with an SA from Mount Kisco, NY this past Friday, she actually ordered a Blue SR+ back in November is and currently dealing with an April, May, June EDD like most of us.

She seemed SUPER nice and was willing to share more info than most people I’ve spoken with at Tesla. She said right now, they’re simply just not getting SR+/Standard M3 builds coming in. She went on to say that Tesla builds in batches, and it would make sense, based on the recent batches they’ve been receiving over the past few months, that SR+\Standard M3s should be next up.

Some insight into the process behind the scenes. I was able to switch to her as my primary SA and received her email for point of contact. I plan on reaching out at the end of this week and trying to get a read on whether or not cars are coming in.
Thank you, would you mind sharing her email address?

Reactions: Great White
Tesla sent me a text today and said I should apply for my financing. I don't really know what to do because I was supposed to get my car in Jan-Feb, changed to March 11, changed to April-May. I almost applied for financing once before but the same day I was applying the dates changed to April to May. Should I be applying for financing now or wait until my VIN is assigned? One person at Tesla says to wait, another person says apply today, very confused.

Sorry I don't really know about your specific situation.

When I went through the process, I did whatever Tesla requested when they requested it thinking that maybe, just maybe it would keep everything moving along for me. I was without a car through the entire process and paying for a rental, so I didn't want to give Tesla any reason to delay my car.

In the end, my car arrived about a month sooner than the EDD first stated and all throughout it was always moving forward in time. I doubt these things were related, but I don't know that they weren't either. :)

Reactions: Panel Gaps
New orders show June to August edd. I ordered about 3 or 4 weeks ago and my new updated edd Is July 16 to Aug 27th. So if I cancel and reorder I possibly could get it a month sooner?
I don't think they really know. There's still lots of people that ordered in September and October that haven't got RWD yet. Very few Nov orders complete from what I've seen.

I ordered Nov 12 and EDD is Aug 18-Oct13. :confused:

Quick question, my EDD is July to August now, should I fill in the trade-in and payment info now or I should wait for the VIN?
I went ahead and did the trade - they will give you an estimate and you will just have to update your mileage as your wait goes on. I would change the payment section to "cash", when you get a VIN call Tesla and have them change it back to "finance" if you plan to finance with Tesla. My advice would be look into financing with your bank or a credit union in the mean time. This will allow you to shop around for lower rates during your wait and you won't be taking multiple hits on your credit each time you have to reapply with Tesla. I think the financing is only good for a 60 day period so wait until you have a VIN to allow any credit pulls.

I went ahead and did the trade - they will give you an estimate and you will just have to update your mileage as your wait goes on. I would change the payment section to "cash", when you get a VIN call Tesla and have them change it back to "finance" if you plan to finance with Tesla. My advice would be look into financing with your bank or a credit union in the mean time. This will allow you to shop around for lower rates during your wait and you won't be taking multiple hits on your credit each time you have to reapply with Tesla. I think the financing is only good for a 60 day period so wait until you have a VIN to allow any credit pulls.
Great suggestions, thank you so much.

Reactions: mgp1
I made the same downgrade in December. Went from LR White/Black No FSD 18" to RWD Red/Black 18" no FSD, added FSD in January before the price increase.
Yeah, I decided to switch because of the reported loss of degradation on the LFP. Additionally the range on the RWD/SR suit my needs as a commuter. Time will tell if I made the right choice or not.

Newb here...trying to learn as much as I can. One thing that I have learned for sure is patience is Key Haha . OD 10/20/21, Changed order from LR to SR 12/21/22...

I decided to got with the LFP, M3 SR White/White standard Aero wheels, No FSD.

Delivery date was 1/22, then they changed 2x more after that. Currently 4/11/22 to 5/4/22... I'm hopeful this holds, but have little confidence at this point. I am in SoCal.

Since I am in the 30 days window, do you think this will hold? I keep checking the App and even talked to SA. She said just keep checking for my VIN...Fingers crossed.
For what it is worth, I think you made a great call switching for LFP. That is what made us decide on RWD. Given the daily charge % difference (LFP 100% daily vs 80-90% for NMC) and the degradation seen in NMC, there is, for practical purposes, range parity after a few years. It was, for us, very much a "why pay more" question. Also, the LFP has fewer problematic mineral sources and generally is understood to be a safer, more stable chemistry that can take a beating. Then again, it isn't as if Tesla are erupting in flames so that may be a moot point. Anecdotally on these forums and Reddit, current LFP Tesla owners have witnessed vanishingly little loss of capacity.