Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 SR / White ext / Black int / Aero wheels / No FSD
Order date 4/11 - delivery from Sacramento, CA
Current EDD July 26-Sept 20

My wife and I are down to one car right now, which has been incredibly challenging in just a short time. Unsure if we can honestly handle the delays I'm reading about here. We're already discussing if we should just buy a used Nissan Leaf for a spell and sell it once the M3 arrives. 😩
Hello, fellow Sacramentan! We feel your pain - my husband and I have no car right now. It has made the wait very long so far. Wishing you a speedy delivery!

I just text my SA. I asked if I change back to LR/DM if I will get my car sooner (understanding delay in changing order factored in) The reply was...

" Hi It's likely that updating or changing your configuration again, your lead time may get pushed out further. We typically see AWD variants sooner then RWD, but the factory is estimating your build to happen within the first two weeks of May."

Not holding my breath, but hope the new delivery window holds. 4/26 - 5/24.
Okay but how does one text their SA? They basically ignore my emails and the guy who helped us in Walnut Creek quit. -__-

I was wondering this as well and asked my SA. What he said was "Your price would be based on when you ordered originally."
I stopped in at Tesla today and SA said if you change options within your current configuration (color, wheels, etc…) the vehicle base price will remain the same as order date. However if you change the base configuration (RWD to AWD) the vehicle base price will reflect the price of the date you made the change.

Reactions: Ca91709
I just text my SA. I asked if I change back to LR/DM if I will get my car sooner (understanding delay in changing order factored in) The reply was...

" Hi It's likely that updating or changing your configuration again, your lead time may get pushed out further. We typically see AWD variants sooner then RWD, but the factory is estimating your build to happen within the first two weeks of May."

Not holding my breath, but hope the new delivery window holds. 4/26 - 5/24.

That's nice that the SA disclosed estimate built date, when did you order the RWD car and what was the config?

Read the last three pages of this thread and started getting all giggly...

Ordered a M3 SR (blue, white seats) 4/1/22. Said (and still says) EDD 7/11 ~ 8/8. Not too worried, as I don't believe 'em anyway! Minor first-world problem. We live in two places, south of Tucson AZ and Cape Cod. Planned on leaving for the Cape when we get our M3. Right.

Oh, for the record we'll be driving our MY LR AWD. Easy ride in the Tesla, already did the round-trip once.

So, we'll hang out here in AZ till July. If there is an EDD change we'll just head out to the Cape. The way deliveries are going we wouldn't see the car till the Fall anyway (maybe)!!

The worst that could happen is we'll get a call that our Tesla will be coming on such and such a date, so we'll leave the Cape and come and get our new car!

Rich

Reactions: pipestem and Soosh
Another movement only 2 days after my last EDD change. Went from May 3-17 to May 1-15. Trying NOT to get too excited but looking likely that RWD production is starting up again soon.
Great to hear that! You message made me check the app for the first time in a few days.
EDD moved to May 16 - June 13, came back into a 4 week window from a 35 day window in a similar range.
OD Nov 5th Black on Black with sport wheels.

Okay but how does one text their SA? They basically ignore my emails and the guy who helped us in Walnut Creek quit. -__-
You should request for the contact info for the SA that is now taking over your account. Not sure if it's something to request or set up. I have been doing TXT communication since day 1. Hopefully you get better customer service then what you have been shown so far. For the price of these cars you would think this is a no brainer. Cheers.

You should request for the contact info for the SA that is now taking over your account. Not sure if it's something to request or set up. I have been doing TXT communication since day 1. Hopefully you get better customer service then what you have been shown so far. For the price of these cars you would think this is a no brainer. Cheers.
Okay, thank you. Also, how do I set up the bit with order detail like the bottom of your post?

Model 3 SR / White ext / Black int / Aero wheels / No FSD
Order date 4/11 - delivery from Sacramento, CA
Current EDD July 26-Sept 20

My wife and I are down to one car right now, which has been incredibly challenging in just a short time. Unsure if we can honestly handle the delays I'm reading about here. We're already discussing if we should just buy a used Nissan Leaf for a spell and sell it once the M3 arrives. 😩
wow, the EDD looks good compare of mine.

I ordered in around March 22 - delivery to Orange County, and current EDD is Aug 13 - Oct 3. I have the silver ext / black / aero wheels / no fsd. / M3 RWD

Reactions: Ca91709