Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this have to do with the cars being delivered w/o the charge port or port cover thing? Model 3 Reddit is quite fired up about that and other parts supply issues... basically cars are being sent to service centers but you can't take delivery until it's 'repaired or updated' with the missing part(s)...?
I wish someone from Tesla could answer this.....

8 months and still waiting, although in a new line now (post VIN waiting).

So near and yet so far......can't say anything more.

For those who have been waiting a while and are pissed, it is the same with other manufacturers. My first new car choice option was a Ford Maverick Hybrid, I placed my order on August 15th of last year and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered the top-of-the-line Hybrid Lariat and all Ford wanted to build was their eco boost. I did finally get a build notice and it should be delivered soon but going on 9 months and still counting for a simple Ford.

I got my MYP within 3 months and should have the Model 3 SR sometime this year. Believe me - my MYP is the best car I have ever driven, the best parts are not about the speed(even though I would be lying if I said that doesn't put a smile on my face), and is well worth the wait. I expect a similar experience to the MY3 SR. Just be patient with the process if you can.

West coast reservation holder here. Fremont factory is a 20 min drive away. OD 10/01/21, no holds, no VIN, and I’ve seen Toronto Canadians who ordered months after me get their car first. SA stopped responding to me back in March. Whatever the location bias is, I don’t get to feel that that West Coast gets cars sooner. There are west coast folks on the reddit who are even waiting on August orders…

West coast reservation holder here. Fremont factory is a 20 min drive away. OD 10/01/21, no holds, no VIN, and I’ve seen Toronto Canadians who ordered months after me get their car first. SA stopped responding to me back in March. Whatever the location bias is, I don’t get to feel that that West Coast gets cars sooner. There are west coast folks on the reddit who are even waiting on August orders…
Agreed - what happens with the occasional early delivery story is a build that another buyer backed out of for some reason & another buyer’s configuration matches (or they’re open to any configuration for early delivery)….(I may be wrong about this just my observation)
Generally speaking we’re all waiting & wishing for delivery soon - I’m just grateful for the information found here

Last edited:
Brutal to watch people in Cali get their cars when they ordered three months or more after I did.
i wish it would be the case to me. on May 1, I got bumped for almost 1.5 mos later. Previous EDD: 8/18 - 10/3 and now 9/28 -
I think there should be an ethics investigation of Tesla by the Congress.
Also, if someone orders a RWD today, it still shows Aug - Oct delivery timeframe. Come on. It is misleading. There should be some investigation.

i agree!

Hi folks. I recently placed an order for a Model 3, as the website showed an estimate delivery date between July and September. However, when I log in to my account (after finishing some of the required actions) it shows an estimated delivery date between October and December. Why the disconnect between the two? Thanks!
it calls deceptive. I am sure Tesla has the T&C covers their butt. I wonder if anyone has thought about the class action :)

Not really. I am from Toronto, ordered a month after you and still did not receive the car.

Not really. I am from Toronto, ordered a month after you and still did not receive the car.
Same here. OD 6th Oct. I am from Toronto area. No holds or anything like that and i had completed entire profile including payment on day 1 of ordering. My current EDD stands at May 17 to May 31.. who knows what will happen there.. but i feel for the August and Sept order folks.. hard to see yourself getting passed by. Senseless.

Same here. OD 6th Oct. I am from Toronto area. No holds or anything like that and i had completed entire profile including payment on day 1 of ordering. My current EDD stands at May 17 to May 31.. who knows what will happen there.. but i feel for the August and Sept order folks.. hard to see yourself getting passed by. Senseless.
I am also in that range too. What is your car specs?

Hi folks. I recently placed an order for a Model 3, as the website showed an estimate delivery date between July and September. However, when I log in to my account (after finishing some of the required actions) it shows an estimated delivery date between October and December. Why the disconnect between the two? Thanks!
Looks like they updated their website to more accurate dates finally

Attachments

• 53C6B1B3-B4CD-4B92-BCFC-E43D018A2774.png
    53C6B1B3-B4CD-4B92-BCFC-E43D018A2774.png
    400.6 KB · Views: 106

There's definitely a price priority on these orders. For example I'm Oct 15, but it's red and it's ordered after the Oct 14 price increase so technically I'm paying more for the same car. I'm not saying it's right but I could see how they could be looking at it.
Btw it's now been more than a week since i got the VIN and my EDD just got delayed to May 16-20. It's most likely waiting for the charge port parts.

very, very nice. GREAT looking new ride! AND every happy, successful delivery on here is the fuel to keep us all positive & up beat. :D
Did you order mats and if so, what brand/kind? I hear the versions sold by Tesla aren't the best.I could not

very, very nice. GREAT looking new ride! AND every happy, successful delivery on here is the fuel to keep us all positive & up beat. :D
Did you order mats and if so, what brand/kind? I hear the versions sold by Tesla aren't the best...?
I could not decide on mats so I ordered 5 different sets from Amazon! I will check them out and report back. They are all of the molded type but not rubberized. From their pictures they look like the 3D brand, but less expensive. Hope they are decent!

Updated on 04/29 to Estimated Delivery: July 16 - August 27
I was in Chicago today and drove by a Tesla store and decided to stop-in. It had been since February 2021 since I last sat in a Model 3. Just sitting in a car in the showroom reminded me of why I ordered a Model 3 in the first place. While I am disappointed with the wait, I have more resolve than ever to wait as long as it takes. If you are frustrated, go to your nearest Tesla store. Not to complain, but to remind yourself of what you are waiting for.