Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I do not admit. As much as you can not prove what he is saying is really not the case. No reason to respond to me further.

Great, okay. You're right. If we cannot agree on a basic set of facts there's no point in having a discussion. We're just going to be talking past each other.

You seemed to trust wk057 when they were helping discover some of the technical specifications around this issue, but not when they say they're not being silenced by Tesla. I guess that conflicts with your preconceived notions.

I wish everyone involved in this matter a speedy resolution, and maybe we can all have some reasonable discussions elsewhere on this forum.

I don’t advocate legal action except as a last resort after all other avenues are exhausted. As the only winners in legal disputes are the lawyers.
51aljgvqkVL.jpg

I initially thought you were someone who actually wanted to understand what was going on from a technical perspective. It is becoming increasingly clear that what you really want is an echo chamber where you can commiserate with others about how you’re being screwed while calling everyone with other ideas a disrupter. I personally loved your disagree on my posting of a link explaining the various strategies companies use for managing batteries. You apparently are not interested in any educational material unless it fits your narrative.
Its crystal clear to anyone who has been paying attention what is going on here. Tesla software capped certain batteries, and now cars are devalued. That’s it. Plain an simple. Putting your head in the sand, and admiring fake battery experts, who copy and paste battery info that is easily googled, is sad.

Regrettably, I've been advised to stay out of this issue.

Suffice it to say, I'm less than convinced they're going to do the right thing here... but, unfortunately I just don't have the resources to waste defending myself should Tesla actually decide to try something stupid against me on this.

Best of luck with the class action case.
This post says it all. This is a more widespread issue than most people here think.

Its crystal clear to anyone who has been paying attention what is going on here. Tesla software capped certain batteries, and now cars are devalued. That’s it. Plain an simple. Putting your head in the sand, and admiring fake battery experts, who copy and paste battery info that is easily googled, is sad.

Thank you @qwk. They are here to distract, disrupt and play Tesla apologist. Like you said, plain and simple.

Take care of your battery. Charge at home or work on Level 2 charger most of the time.
Keep the charge level between 20 - 80 % most of the time.
Fast charge using Super Chargers only when traveling and even then charge to 80% most of the time. Charge and GO.
If you live in an apartment or condo and do not have access to a level 2 charger speak to your apartment manager and pay to get one installed. You can also ask at work if they plan to install EV chargers for employees in the near future. Sometimes all it takes is to ask to get the ball rolling. Electric vehicles are the future. Most businesses are installing EV chargers every year.
Tesla is being proactive with their BMS. It is a way to take care of the battery even if the owner does not.

“Putting your head in the sand”, “admiring fake battery experts”? That’s pretty funny. Perhaps you should use your Googling expertise and find some evidence that capping Vmax to enhance battery life is never done. It certainly seems to be something that is utilized by some device makers. I’m sorry you feel your vehicle is devalued, but realize it runs on a battery and techniques to extend battery life can and should be used within the confines of the warranty.

Now, as I’ve said before, Tesla’s inability to explain what is going on is ridiculous and feeds conspiracy theories.

Thank you @qwk. They are here to distract, disrupt and play Tesla apologist. Like you said, plain and simple.

“Putting your head in the sand”, “admiring fake battery experts”? That’s pretty funny. Perhaps you should use your Googling expertise and find some evidence that capping Vmax to enhance battery life is never done. It certainly seems to be something that is utilized by some device makers. I’m sorry you feel your vehicle is devalued, but realize it runs on a battery and techniques to extend battery life can and should be used within the confines of the warranty.

Now, as I’ve said before, Tesla’s inability to explain what is going on is ridiculous and feeds conspiracy theories.
Google the 1st gen Volt. That car will show you that your first statement is 100% false.

As for my car being capped, not a chance. I’m not stupid enough to download software downgrades. Like I stated previously in this thread, this is the third major instance of Tesla taking away functionality through software. The first occurred with 5.8.8.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

Google the 1st gen Volt. That car will show you that your first statement is 100% false.

As for my car being capped, not a chance. I’m not stupid enough to download software downgrades. Like I stated previously in this thread, this is the third major instance of Tesla taking away functionality through software. The first occurred with 5.8.8.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...
I fail to see how my statement is false in the context of any device maker using Li-Ion batteries. What does the Volt have to do with anything? It’s one device by one manufacturer.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke
Take care of your battery. Charge at home or work on Level 2 charger most of the time.
Keep the charge level between 20 - 80 % most of the time.
Fast charge using Super Chargers only when traveling and even then charge to 80% most of the time. Charge and GO.
If you read the thread it seems the affected owners are ones who have taken extensive effort to care for their battery. Some to the extent of cosseting.

Tesla is being proactive with their BMS.
I’d hope this is the case.
It would be wonderful if they could respond with reasonable answers when customers challenge them with evidence of this change. Instead they have, by either ignorance or malice, said the issue did not exist and then downplayed the scope and impact. Either is really sad and I hope they can do better in the future, both short and long term.

Edit:spelling

Actually it’s comments like your’s that are annoying. It is clear from reading years of posting that KarenREI knows far more than you do about batteries and the control systems that run them. As somebody who isn’t affected by this, she actually can look at the problem objectively whereas you are so emotionally attached to the issue, you have lost any semblance of objectivity. Please stop with the lame gas tank analogy that just underscores your inability to grasp the nuances and complexity of battery management. This is something that she actually understands.
I was the one who got the Reuters article written by pointing my friend, Alexandria Sage, to this thread. What have you done to help affected owners? Hold on... The crickets are too loud... one more time... what have you done other than bash people for trying to help? Still waiting…

10:1 positive votes on my post that you criticize and 3:2 negative on your above post. I suggest you spend your time here doing something constructive to help those who have been affected.

I was the one who got the Reuters article written by pointing my friend, Alexandria Sage, to this thread. What have you done to help affected owners? Hold on... The crickets are too loud... one more time... what have you done other than bash people for trying to help? Still waiting…

10:1 positive votes on my post that you criticize and 3:2 negative on your above post. I suggest you spend your time here doing something constructive to help those who have been affected.
Glad to see see you keep track of your vote stats. I could care less about the popularity contest you are interested in. You blatantly insulted KarenREI and deserved to be called out for it. I wish you luck adding to your “like” statistics. Just make sure you only post in threads where everyone is more interested in agreeing with each other as opposed to debating technical possibilities

wk057 is one person not "they" ;)

I think @willow_hiller simply doesn’t know wk057, wk057's SkieNET, Jason Hughes’s gender and is trying to speak respectfully without that knowledge.

It is difficult for an individual that is used to defending battery electric vehicles against widespread FUD to walk into this and not have the familiar feeling of needing to jump in and defend.

This thread is in need of some oxygen. Hopefully we can get more Scan My Tesla reports to let us know what effect recent firmware is having.