Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it would still be interesting to know exactly why the maximum charge rate has been capped so much.

The problems for which Tesla throttled the charge rate had never been seen before.

Despite nearly 15k posts, I'm not sure there is a definitive statement as to exactly why the charge rate cap was imposed, why some cars seem to have reverted to higher rates, why non-updated cars have not been formally required to run with rate reducing / testing firmware and if similar rate caps are applied universally given the detection of certain indicators.

Despite nearly 15k posts, I'm not sure there is a definitive statement as to exactly why the charge rate cap was imposed, why some cars seem to have reverted to higher rates, why non-updated cars have not been formally required to run with rate reducing / testing firmware and if similar rate caps are applied universally given the detection of certain indicators.

What cars have reverted to higher rates????????????????????? Are there any 85's charging higher than 110 = SOC + KW?

Reactions: gmo43
What cars have reverted to higher rates????????????????????? Are there any 85's charging higher than 110 = SOC + KW?
To be precise, owners say they see charging rates higher.

I will try and find posts to quote, but I am basing my comment on what I have read on TMC.

I agree that the more common experience and sentiment for the future is that capped rates remain in place.

To be precise, owners say they see charging rates higher.
For more than 30 seconds?
The initial peak is still at >120kW, but tapers off to 110-SoC in a few seconds.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-17 um 13.16.33.png

• Informative
Reactions: DJRas and Droschke
You could extract the raw data and filter it yourself.
Which additional filters do you need?
Hi! I'm trying to filter the Teslalogger charging data by multiple selections to include all the different 85 variants: 85, 85D, P85, P85+ P85D. Perhaps there is a possibility to add filters for Firmwareversions to exclude and multiple selections via URL?

I am waiting for a local SuC to be opened to start a series of tests to establish the current state of capacity and charge speeds. Looking into the docker/synology integration for that.

Nevertheless, I am wondering whether there is an easy way to show the time to add a certain amount of Energy added to the battery? Comparing charge speed per SoC seems to ignore the actual degradation of an individual battery.

Best regards! Oaito.

My car has not been nerfed on the speed but it has been nerfed on range and the SC curve.
At 4% I hit 128kW but by the time i get to 20% I'm down to 92kW and at 60% I'm AT 40Kw
before all this crap i would be at 50% and 72kW, but now 50% is 51kW
2014 P85D with 2021.4.18 currently

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Any update on the lawsuit Rasmussen v Tesla regarding this matter?
This August it will be 3 years since the initial filing of the lawsuit.
The original attorney, Edward Chen, dropped out in 2020 and the new attorney is Nimish R. Desai of the law firm
Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein.

The latest updates to the case are here. But you have to buy the details at this website.

There was a hearing May 5th and I called Nimish Desai to get an update but he never returned my calls.
If owners involved in this lawsuit here would keep calling Nimish Desai (number below) maybe he'll start sending updates to all the plaintiffs.

415-956-1000

Reactions: Smiles83 and gmo43
Went from “potential” to “official”.

I hope those of us in the states are also compensated.

Went from “potential” to “official”.

I hope those of us in the states are also compensated.

Hi! Besides being interesting, the "judgment" is based on the maximum fine possibly with this low level court. There are several higher instances, IMHO Tesla will probably go through all of them, allowing to stretch the process for each instance over many, many months resulting in years until a final decision. So, the "good" news is far from being final.

BR! Oaito.