Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a software downgrade that restores charging speed immediately
how to get it? I currently have V10.2 and version 2020.48.37.1, Model S85 2014 year, recently replaced battery with remanufactured one under warranty. Charging still slow, capacity caped. I'm in Europe and I also have CCS upgrade. To what version I should downgrade and not to loose CCS chargning (with ccs adapter).

how to get it? I currently have V10.2 and version 2020.48.37.1, Model S85 2014 year, recently replaced battery with remanufactured one under warranty. Charging still slow, capacity caped. I'm in Europe and I also have CCS upgrade. To what version I should downgrade and not to loose CCS chargning (with ccs adapter).
You can't. Tesla could do something like you suggest, but they won't.

What is your current capacity of your pack in KwH or in kilometer rated range?

Mine is in my signature.

how to get it?
Here in Europe are some "3d party" companies whom provided e.g. emmc repairs, some of them do perform software downgrades themselves or have business relations to someone capable.

Alas, IMHO you need to keep in mind:

AFAIK Tesla designed the firmware update process to either install a newer or reinstall the same version.
AFAIK Tesla designed the service software known as "toolbox2" to either install a newer or reinstall the same version.

AFAIK the downgrade performed by a 3rd party utilizes a (security) flaw in the Tegra architecture by physically connecting a (linux based) computer through the diagnostic port below of your CD after you removed the chubby. It allows the 3rd party to patch the firmware after download/extraction and before installation to include remote access to the linux shell by said 3rd party, allowing remote e.g. tracking and unlocking/starting your Tesla.

Additionally, the firmware version history is shared with Tesla as part of the standard data exchange during normal operation.
Which implications this could have to any remaining warranty e.g. for your HV battery or drive unit is yet unknown.

Lastly I've found this thread from Germany were someone is describing the limitations of using 2019.12.1.1, here are some examples:

- SuC in car or app doesn't show available/total number of stalls anymore since March 2021
- CCS charging at SuC or 3rd party charger is functional
- SeC in Europe are known to enforce updates before service/repair in several steps and probably charge for the time researching and preforming said updates

BR. Oaito.

Anybody want to take a guess on the latest update to the law suit? Yep, you guessed it, delayed another month: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.345967/gov.uscourts.cand.345967.45.0.pdf

WHEREAS, the parties are continuing their discussions in good faith and require additional time to complete them;
WHEREAS, the parties desire to preserve the status quo and prevent the parties and the Court from unnecessarily expending resources pending mediation;
THEREFORE, subject to the approval of the Court, the parties agree and stipulate as follows: The parties will report to the Court with an update on June 30, 2021. This matter shall be stayed until that date, and all other case deadlines shall be vacated.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke
I wish I could mark the post as "sad" or "angry" or anything more meaningful than thumbs up.... Anyway, you can get your SC usage from your Tesla page. Log in and then click on the "Charging" tab. Once you are on that page there is a small down arrow icon that you can download all your Supercharging history if you are curious and don't have the cable/app/bluetooth device to view the car's actual SC usage.

View attachment 665742
Unfortunately, according to this, my supercharging history only goes back as far as Feb 2017. I'm guessing that's because that's when they started thinking about charging fees for usage, and before that, they didn't keep track at all.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Unfortunately, according to this, my supercharging history only goes back as far as Feb 2017. I'm guessing that's because that's when they started thinking about charging fees for usage, and before that, they didn't keep track at all.
Same. 9681 kWh since Feb 5 2017 but that does not count the first year. Does the car retain the info? Can Scan My Tesla see this data?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210530-102550.png
    Screenshot_20210530-102550.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 86
How about the opposite of voltage limiting? 60kWh cars with higher than normal max cell voltage.

Interesting. However, I'll bet many now avoid charging to more than 78%, because the pumps come on at 100%.

Even fewer charge to much over 90% because of the time it takes, and the loss of regen.

Dye to the asymptotic behavior of the voltage/SoC curve, does not take much to bleed off a tenth of a volt.

My guess is if you charge to 90% or less, not a problem unless you start at the top of a big hill.

Interesting. However, I'll bet many now avoid charging to more than 78%, because the pumps come on at 100%.

Even fewer charge to much over 90% because of the time it takes, and the loss of regen.
Yeah, but this is affecting "60" pack cars and I bet they need to charge to higher SoC due to their smaller pack sizes. So those owners may charge to a higher SoC more often just to make it from point A to B. And those are the packs that have a more limited warranty:
"Your vehicle’s Battery and DriveUnit are covered under this Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty for a period of 8 years,unlimited miles/km, with the exception of the 60 kWh battery which is covered for 8 years or125,000 miles/200,000 km, whichever comes first"

Very strange findings indeed o_O