Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ashland, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ashland has less amenities. Does anyone know where the proposed Supercharger is going to come? I don't see any construction work near the Washington visitor center. Not sure, they can come up with one this year. Lincoln SC is the closest to North Conway which is about an hour away.

Seems there are a couple of J-1772 in the Weather Discovery Center lot:
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
but yeah, I agree, a V3 Supercharger near Mount Washington would be helpful for out-of-staters in particular. Went up recently myself, what a blast, a wonderful day it was!
2020-09-10_10-49-27.png

Reactions: kayak1 and JWardell
Went up to drive the Kangamangus. Sort of spur of the moment, so the car was only charged at 47% when we left.
Stopped at Ashland as it was V3 and 2 penny/kWh cheaper than Hookset. Could have made it to Lincoln with 7% but I've already used that one. Arrived with 19%. No issues with the charger. Only 2 other Teslas were there and one ICE truck trying to block the last charger.
Got up to 202kWh charging initially but it quickly ramped down. Was a bit disappointed that using A with no one in B, that it couldn't sustain the high charge rate. As I set the SC as my destination, I assume that the batteries would be fully ready. The Dunkin store wouldn't let you use the rest rooms as they were locked with signs about no public restrooms.
Kangamangus was mobbed! Although it was an overcast day, it was warm and not raining and everyone was there. All overlooks and parking spots were spilling out onto the roadway. Still it was a beautiful scenic drive and TACC handled the heavy traffic with ease. Except when someone turns in front of you. It gets upset with that.
Kangamangas (1).JPG

With V3 superchargers, A/B pairing is no longer a thing. The chargers balance across all the pedestals so you don't have to worry about using every other stall to try to get optimal charging rates. I can't offer any other feedback on the charging rates from personal experience, as my car only gets about 106kW max (X 100D). I know I've heard that V3 high charging rates do ramp down pretty quickly from reading other forums.

Also good to know DD is still restricting bathroom access there - that's been true for a while now, and probably will continue for the foreseeable future.

It seems a number of new-ish V3 sites in New England are showing as out of service at times in the past week. My guess is remote firmware updates to the site taking it out of service for a while. But that's just a guess on my part...

Ashland and Tilton NH today. Great Barrington the other day. Not sure of current status as I'm not in my car.

Reactions: ilyak
It seems a number of new-ish V3 sites in New England are showing as out of service at times in the past week. My guess is remote firmware updates to the site taking it out of service for a while. But that's just a guess on my part...

Ashland and Tilton NH today. Great Barrington the other day. Not sure of current status as I'm not in my car.
Ashland currently displays as up and running, but Tilton and Great Barrington are both showing as temporarily closed.

Charged at Ashland and Tilton yesterday with no charging issues. Neither charge rate was high, but neither was horribly low. Don't remember the exact peak kW's, but they were closer to 100kW than 200kW - the max for my Model S. I arrived at each with a conditioned battery, but SOC above 50%.

Update: Anyone know, do the superchargers communicate with Tesla via cellular? Right after I made my previous post, ATT cell data starting going in and out. I know the cars use ATT network, so I wouldn't be surprised if the superchargers do also. It could just be a loss of connectivity so then it marks it as temporarily out of service in the car.

Reviewing my teslafi data, it looks like every few minutes I was losing connectivity in my car. And my cell phone was doing the same (I use att for phone service).

A River Runs Through It

Stopped at the Ashland supercharger yesterday during the downpour. The drainage for the DD parking lot runs through the supercharger stalls, and it gets pretty deep in the stalls near the road (2C and 2D). I was in 2C (for no very good reason, won't make that mistake again!) and had to step carefully when I plugged in. By the time I was charged up, there was easily 2-3" of water outside my door. Didn't want to soak my feet so I climbed out the passenger side, unplugged while standing on the curb, then used Summon to pull my car out of the spot and onto dry(ish) land!