Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't.

Fredericton, NB to Aulac, NB is 143 miles.
Big Stop Waasis, NB to Aulac, NB is 135 miles.
Aulac, NB to Sobey's St John West, NB 134 miles.
Big Stop Rothesay, NB to Aulac, NB is 121 miles.

Tesla doesn't use that large a spacing for cold climates.
Salisbury, NB/Moncton,NB seems like an essential spot for all-year coverage.

I think that Aulac, NB is probably happening now because it was bid out as a pair with Enfield, NS and they were both ready to go.
Problem with that Rothesay Irving is that it misses Fredericton to Baileyville ME by far too much. West side of Saint John is more likely and it may not be an Irving.

I think we'll still eventually see something in the Moncton area, perhaps at the Salisbury Big Stop mentioned by Mr. Plugshare above which isn't that far from the Magnetic Hill area. I'm all for Tesla sticking to placing their Superchargers slightly outside urban centres to support long distance travel. Enfield and Aulac fit that criteria nicely.
Definitely wouldn't want a situation where all the local Monctonians hog all the stalls!

I don't.

Fredericton, NB to Aulac, NB is 143 miles.
Big Stop Waasis, NB to Aulac, NB is 135 miles.
Aulac, NB to Sobey's St John West, NB 134 miles.
Big Stop Rothesay, NB to Aulac, NB is 121 miles.

Tesla doesn't use that large a spacing for cold climates.
Salisbury, NB/Moncton,NB seems like an essential spot for all-year coverage.

I think that Aulac, NB is probably happening now because it was bid out as a pair with Enfield, NS and they were both ready to go.
I agree about the spacing but we'll see where the SCs end up. The Fredericton and Saint John SCs might be outside those cities too. I just think Tesla's original locations on their map are not much more than an indication that they intend to put superchargers along that route somewhere. In this case, it means they will enable travel from RDL to Halifax via Fredericton and from Bangor to Halifax via Saint John.

I think this Saint John’s Supercharger would be at the Quispamsis Big Stop

I think it would make more sense closer to the Rt 1, Rt 7 intersection, to better serve N-S traffic. The area around Exit 119 off Rt 1 (Bleury St.) is easy to access and has lots of retail and fast food, and seems a good candidate.
If "Moncton" slides west to Salisbury (as I'm guessing it will), then it would be 135 km away, which seems pretty reasonable.

I think it would make more sense closer to the Rt 1, Rt 7 intersection, to better serve N-S traffic. The area around Exit 119 off Rt 1 (Bleury St.) is easy to access and has lots of retail and fast food, and seems a good candidate.
If "Moncton" slides west to Salisbury (as I'm guessing it will), then it would be 135 km away, which seems pretty reasonable.
Agreed. West Saint John is far more helpful.

New pics from the site today. Still looking like 8 stalls.
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2083.jpg

4B206C4B-1FDD-422B-891A-E76E1B952898.jpeg
259C2068-B9D0-47E2-BE67-BD6B1D86F8C6.jpeg
259C2068-B9D0-47E2-BE67-BD6B1D86F8C6.jpeg
Baileyville construction has not been confirmed as I just drove there today and saw what I posted. No ground broken, no cabinet boxes onsite. That is accurate.

But Baileyville as a location is certainly going to happen. And I believe these markings are the start.

Why?

There is also nowhere else for the chargers in the area. I mean, this is my old stomping grounds and there is nothing... (I loughed out loud when they originally said Baring because there is REALLY nothing in Baring...)

Also, knowing that Irving as well as I do, I’d bet some $$ that this is what we are seeing underway. And on the drive to Bangor, I came to the realization that in order to preserve the truck parking and routing around the back, this is the spot for them.

I am back from Bangor to Saint John in a week and will check again.

Again, no digging. But I’m betting that his is it folks.
Ok. Back through Baileyville today to Saint John. The 20x40 staked area remains, with a very new flag and writing as seen in the picture. Plus, a pic of some older writing on the asphalt I missed last time. FYI.

View attachment 310280 View attachment 310279 View attachment 310279
Baileyville construction has not been confirmed as I just drove there today and saw what I posted. No ground broken, no cabinet boxes onsite. That is accurate.

But Baileyville as a location is certainly going to happen. And I believe these markings are the start.

Why?

There is also nowhere else for the chargers in the area. I mean, this is my old stomping grounds and there is nothing... (I loughed out loud when they originally said Baring because there is REALLY nothing in Baring...)

Also, knowing that Irving as well as I do, I’d bet some $$ that this is what we are seeing underway. And on the drive to Bangor, I came to the realization that in order to preserve the truck parking and routing around the back, this is the spot for them.

I am back from Bangor to Saint John in a week and will check again.

Again, no digging. But I’m betting that his is it folks.
Ok. Back through Baileyville today to Saint John. The 20x40 staked area remains, with a very new flag and writing as seen in the picture. Plus, a pic of some older writing on the asphalt I missed last time. FYI.

• Helpful
Reactions: RiverBrick
Yeah, but which one will be next? We know Aulac then Enfield, but we don’t know what comes after that yet.
I did ask that question and put the answer in the initial posting. The representative of the installation company said that as far as Nova Scotia is concerned (and they are doing Aulac as well) there has been a commitment to go ahead only at Aulac and Enfield. I was told that IF Tesla is happy with their work that other installations will be rolled out quickly (with the same company doing it). So... IF Tesla is happy with the vendor doing the installation then one can expect a fast rollout to other locations. If, however, they aren't for one reason or another .. then Tesla would want to find a different vendor. Lets hope Tesla likes their work!