Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Making a trip to Vegas on Friday Nov 18. Left SBD enrt to Barstow SC. I scrolled the map to check the distance and the map indicated the SC was down for maintenance. Called Tesla to confirm if SC was down and it was. With out the Barstow SC no way to make it to State Line. There is a destination charger in Victorville or a KOA camp ground 14-50 plug in Yermo. Both options too slow of a charging for me.

Making a trip to Vegas on Friday Nov 18. Left SBD enrt to Barstow SC. I scrolled the map to check the distance and the map indicated the SC was down for maintenance. Called Tesla to confirm if SC was down and it was. With out the Barstow SC no way to make it to State Line. There is a destination charger in Victorville or a KOA camp ground 14-50 plug in Yermo. Both options too slow of a charging for me.
Yeah. Sucks!! According to Tesla it was vandalized and won't be up for a week. This is a bummer but I'm going for it tomorrow. I'll need to fully charge my 75 at Cucamonga and drive slower than normal to make Primm. Wish me luck. Of course if the vandals hit Primm too I'm going to be stuck!!

Yeah. Sucks!! According to Tesla it was vandalized and won't be up for a week. This is a bummer but I'm going for it tomorrow. I'll need to fully charge my 75 at Cucamonga and drive slower than normal to make Primm. Wish me luck. Of course if the vandals hit Primm too I'm going to be stuck!!

That's the problem with the Superchargers currently. They are spaced so you can make it fine, but if one is out, you are in trouble. I had this happen on a road trip recently when Green River was out with ways. I had to charge 100% and still had to go slow to make it in my 85. With a 75 or lower you'd be out of luck.

lets chalk this to changing political climate. Expect more of these in the coming years.
I'm not ready to do that yet. That kind of attribution seems like a jump, and tends to put people at odds with each other without good evidence. We don't know much about the story, but hopefully details will come out - specifically the arrest of the perps.

I'm hopeful it was just foolish kids out doing what foolish kids do.

(pure speculation)
Doesn't take a week for Tesla employees to be dispatched from Fremont to replace some charging cables, damage may have been done at the cabinets.

Picture is from Plugshare, anyone have a better one?

Attachments

• 71153.jpg
    71153.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 188
I'll let everyone know how it goes. Leaving soon.

The Tesla rep (keep in mind Tesla rep who probably knows less than us) said they stole a lot of equipment and electronics. I would stop to check it out but I don't have the spare charge to do it. Keep an eye out for me....I'll be the X with the hazards going 40 down hwy 15.

Very sorry to hear this! I'm hoping that Tesla will someday be able to add a Supercharger site in Baker, off I-15 between Barstow and Primm, preferably near the Mad Greek restaurant. Another SC in Ludlow, between Barstow and Needles along I-40, would also help. Besides providing redundancy, SC sites in these locations would enable better access to National Park/Monument lands in the Mojave Desert and Death Valley.

lets chalk this to changing political climate. Expect more of these in the coming years.
I was waiting to see how long it took before someone made such an association, without any evidence whatsoever. Vandals aren't usually making a political statement. They just get kicks destroying something. Or sometimes they're stealing copper.