Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bay City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
Things are underway at the site. The grassy area parallel to 2 Mile Rd now has orange paint showing where the charging stalls and transformer should be, and utility flags mark a trail from a pole in the street into the site.

I guess we are now under construction.

Great to see Bay City supercharger start construction!

I suggested to a Tesla sales person that Mackinaw City would be a strategic future location, enabling several routes. I got this in response:

"There are big plans for Michigan supercharging"

Tesla is so awesome.

GSP

Reactions: turbospecc and Chuq
This is GREAT news. I just returned from a 2200 mile trip from home here in Virginia to Oscoda, MI and back. No issues at all for the transit, even took a different route going and coming to check out the chargers, etc. My biggest issue was north of Ann Arbor. Spent two nights in Lansing and then added a few miles at the public charger in Tawas. Was fortunate enough to tag a 50A charger at the Old Orchard Park Campground in Oscoda a few nights where relatives were camping. Otherwise, I was stuck having to really watch my trips. On the return trip, I traveled through Harrison and Midland visiting family, using a Ford dealership charger in Midland to give me a boost enough to get back to Ann Arbor for topping off. It will be FANTASTIC when the SC opens up in Bay City and then in Lansing.......Now if we can get one close to Claire and other points north so a day trip to Mackinac would be possible......

Reactions: turbospecc
Update as of Sunday afternoon (21-Aug) ... Good progress! Underground conduit has been laid, and the concrete has been poured for the charger stall supports. There are 2 crates that are labeled "Tesla Supercharger Switchboards" ... does anyone know their purpose?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 32
This is GREAT news. I just returned from a 2200 mile trip from home here in Virginia to Oscoda, MI and back. No issues at all for the transit, even took a different route going and coming to check out the chargers, etc. My biggest issue was north of Ann Arbor. Spent two nights in Lansing and then added a few miles at the public charger in Tawas. Was fortunate enough to tag a 50A charger at the Old Orchard Park Campground in Oscoda a few nights where relatives were camping. Otherwise, I was stuck having to really watch my trips. On the return trip, I traveled through Harrison and Midland visiting family, using a Ford dealership charger in Midland to give me a boost enough to get back to Ann Arbor for topping off. It will be FANTASTIC when the SC opens up in Bay City and then in Lansing.......Now if we can get one close to Claire and other points north so a day trip to Mackinac would be possible......
Thanks for the update. Was there a transformer on site?
Thx for the update! I talked to the guys and the transformer is located right behind the stations. I didn't think to ask if it was actually there. My guess is yes, there are big shipping containers they going in and out of to get supplies. Exciting!