Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Benalla, Vic (Withdrawn June 2024)Locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's solid proof of anything. It's one side of the story from someone at the council.

Only if you choose to not accept evidence from the source, and are desperate for some reason to prefer conjecture and hypothecation, rather than a very straightforward and obvious explanation from the Tesla representative who contacted Benalla Council to tell them the news 🤷‍♂️

Balance of probabilities is that Tesla put it on hold

It’s a lot stronger than that, Jules.

It’s a shame we appear to now be in a post-truth world where straightforward evidence from the source is not accepted at face value, but narratives continually evolve to try to paint it as untruthful or incomplete in some way, with absolutely zero evidence produced to substantiate such narratives, and with the sole objective of attempting to absolve Tesla of any blame in the outcome.

rather than a very straightforward and obvious explanation from the Tesla representative who contacted Benalla Council to tell them the news
Au contraire, it was not a explanation from the tesla rep to Benalla council that you heard, rather it is what the Benalla council rep told you. After many dealings with various councils over the years, I never believe what Councils say.

In any case hearsay will not get us anywhere with progressing the now defunct Benalla supercharger.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jules22 and Vostok
I don't see any benefit in going round and round trying to lay 'blame' for a decision which they were more than within their rights to make and which we have zero clue what factors may have influenced.

I’m old fashioned and believe that facts matter, truth matters, and organisations need to be held to account.

A number of people here appeared to be desperate to blame Benalla Council or its officials for this and not Tesla, despite not having any evidence to back that up. Did they ask Council? No. Did they read the entire Council Minutes? No. I actually got off my butt and did some research and asked questions. I provided the evidence, and some people still don’t want to accept it.

Equally, I find it pretty reprehensible that completely unfounded attacks and smears were being made here, like saying that Council was taking too long, or implying that the Mayor or Council or CEO were anti-EV, or that Council officers were not being truthful with me.

It’s very easy to be cynical and throw out smears like that, but I find it completely disgraceful and a very dangerous sign where society is heading if that’s the case. So yes, I was motivated to actually get off my butt and find out from the source what happened.

And would I have posted it if Benalla told me a different story, and Tesla was not to blame in part or full? You bet I would.

Only if you choose to not accept evidence from the source, and are desperate for some reason to prefer conjecture and hypothecation, rather than a very straightforward and obvious explanation from the Tesla representative who contacted Benalla Council to tell them the news 🤷‍♂️

It’s a lot stronger than that, Jules.

It’s a shame we appear to now be in a post-truth world where straightforward evidence from the source is not accepted at face value, but narratives continually evolve to try to paint it as untruthful or incomplete in some way, with absolutely zero evidence produced to substantiate such narratives, and with the sole objective of attempting to absolve Tesla of any blame in the outcome.
You are completely misrepresenting what I have said. I have not blamed anybody, I have not made excuses for anybody.

I have simply said we don't have all the facts (one side of the story from some random person at the council isn't a smoking gun), and even IF we had all the facts, Tesla are well within their rights to make any decision they wish to make.

Chasing the blame game and repeatedly bringing the subject up after we have been asked to stop doesn't do a single thing to change any of those facts.

Reactions: Quickst
Seriously? I asked Benalla Council the question - the first person here to actually bother to find out from the source what happened - and got a completely clear and unambiguous answer. And you still don’t want to accept it.

Did you ask Benalla Council what happened? If not, why are you so desperate to hypothecate an evidence-free narrative - any narrative - that puts the blame anywhere else but at Tesla’s feet and their decision to sack the SC team?
Calm the farm.

I've always been of the opinion that it's pretty clear that the project was abandoned/suspended/whatever from the Tesla side, as part of the "global Supercharger team sacked" foolishness.

All I'm saying is that in the (entirely self-inflicted) inevitable confusion surrounding the sudden shutdown of that team, it's entirely possible that someone who's just been told out of the blue their whole team is disbanded and they're out of a job has relayed that as "all Supercharger projects are cancelled" which was definitely being thrown around at the time. It was only quite later on that it turned out that some projects on which work had been suspended were going to continue after all.

I didn't anywhere attempt to "lay the blame" anywhere else, certainly not with Council, and I invite you to point out where you think I might have done so?

I guess I'm just hopeful that when the dust settles, the site might end up going ahead at some point.

Reactions: Jules22
Status
Not open for further replies.