Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Campbelltown, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either way some electrical contractors are going to be very busy, particularly when the timetable for some of the accelerated Phase 2 sites might overlap.
I would think the crew, Enacongroup out of Bathurst, who did the Tenterfield job must be working on one right now and there is a yet undiscovered supercharger site under construction somewhere in regional NSW, including maybe somewhere along the Hume.

Reactions: Hairyman
Not "undiscovered" but could it be Holbrook? It's been "Target Opening in Q4 2023" for a while on the S/C map.
Holbrook explicitly had its date pushed out recently. So I don't think it will be that one. But I think it will be one of the known locations that have been disclosed but that there is "undiscovered" construction occurring right now. Tenterfield construction was well advanced before it was publicly well known.

Holbrook explicitly had its date pushed out recently. So I don't think it will be that one. But I think it will be one of the known locations that have been disclosed but that there is "undiscovered" construction occurring right now. Tenterfield construction was well advanced before it was publicly well known.
If you want to go looking around, I'd suggest just down the road from Tenterfield at Armidale. It's listed for Q2 2023.

Reactions: Chuq and Hairyman
Is that mere speculation? Or some knowledge?
There were some illicit photos that I found on a popular social media account that indicated as such, that they did the Tenterfield job, which I only found after the site was almost complete but were actually posted before it was common knowledge. I posted similar about Figtree but those photos were removed from the social media account presumably as they were not authorised to do so. Figured I'd leave that one alone at the time. The ones doing Figtree did follow up with a new photo set post supercharger launch.

Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
Apologies in advance, as I don't have the gumption (aka balls) to walk up while there are people working and just start taking photos.
Cabinets and charger units are being installed as I type.
Here's some cropped screenshots from my Teslacam footage, but to be honest, there are clearer shots of Bigfoot!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 1.16.35 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 1.16.35 pm.png
    2 MB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 1.17.53 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 1.17.53 pm.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
Moderators note:
Discussion about the Western Sydney University chargers has been moved to the relevant thread.

This morning. I spoke to one of the workers. He was very friendly and happy to talk. He also confirmed it's a twelve charger site. Eleven on one side and one opposite as per the photo below which will be for disabled parking. He didn't know anything about whether they would be open to non Tesla's or chademo plugs but the chargers look like standard Tesla chargers. I did a quick count and thought there was only eleven chargers there but could be wrong. I'm wondering whether the twelve charger opposite might be a third party charger with the chademo plug.

Attachments

• PXL_20230308_224952994.jpg
    PXL_20230308_224952994.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20230308_225003904.jpg
    PXL_20230308_225003904.jpg
    830.4 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20230308_224959290.jpg
    PXL_20230308_224959290.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 45
Interesting also (from a comment on Twitter) that these at Campbeltown (and the ones at Blaxland and Figtree) have been installed in a less optimal way for cable length.

Compare to Tenterfield where the fixed cable is closest to the car, and the socket further away.

Screenshot_20230309-105745.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot