Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Campbelltown, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a random survey on Plugshare in California looking for the 90 degree chargers and it's a mix of directions, so maybe depends on site.

The way Campbeltown, Figtree and Blaxland are also means the cable doesn't bend around the charging unit.
Yes. I was wondering about the issue of twisting of the cables vs getting most length of reach.

Attachments

• DJI_0262.JPG
    DJI_0262.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4714.jpeg
    IMG_4714.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4711.jpeg
    IMG_4711.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    548.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4708.jpeg
    IMG_4708.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4706.jpeg
    IMG_4706.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4711.jpeg
    IMG_4711.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4712.jpeg
    IMG_4712.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DJI_0258.JPG
    DJI_0258.JPG
    554.6 KB · Views: 64
Not an update ... update.
I've driven past the site a few times this week, and everytime, the electricians have been there wiring up the Tesla cabinets.
I haven't taken any photos, as there's been no real visible changes to the site, and the main switchboard still hasn't arrived.
Msb is now in and energised as of this afternoon, commissioning to go 💪🏼 #team rezzy

Msb is now in and energised as of this afternoon, commissioning to go 💪🏼 #team rezzy
Thanks for the heads up @Unknolzy

Yep, there it is! Looks like the site's been cleaned up a bit, and there's now a single bollard in the spot next to the single stall.

Attachments

• IMG_4868.jpeg
    IMG_4868.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4881.jpeg
    IMG_4881.jpeg
    483.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4865.jpeg
    IMG_4865.jpeg
    950.1 KB · Views: 45
I know nothing about the wonders of electrickery, but that seems strange seeing that the chargers are connected to their own green box.
I think it is when they connect their own green box to the local network. They have to de-energise some of the local network to add the new substation in before energising it.
This grid connection at other sites has been the limiting time factor for install. Should be down to Tesla now for final testing and activation of the chargers now.
Looks like this will be another quick install and connection like the rezzy teams Figtree install. Seems like they are able to get their side of things down to around 4 weeks.
With at least 31 further sites in NSW in the next 18 months seems like they will be a good site installer to further utilise.

31!?
Well, that will be 1. surprising and 2. bloody excellent if it happens
33 including the two whose construction is almost complete. Cambelltown and Blaxland.
Take a look at Wiki - Supercharger - Australian Index
It needs Bowral/Sutton Forest to add to the list of 32.
Most of these were announced by NSW as having gov funding. There is a 24 month clock on the funding with about 18 months remaining.
Expect another round of announcements in 2-3 months with even more supercharger sites in the pipeline based on how many Tesla were awarded in the first round

Reactions: Hairyman
Most of these were announced by NSW as having gov funding. There is a 24 month clock on the funding with about 18 months remaining.
Expect another round of announcements in 2-3 months with even more supercharger sites in the pipeline based on how many Tesla were awarded in the first round

Shows what happens when a government chucks $170M at public charging infrastructure - about 10 times what any other state is doing.

Regardless of your politics, this has almost been entirely due to Matt Kean’s personal commitment to this issue. He drives a Model 3 and even got the National Party in NSW to agree to net-zero by 2050 a few years ago and the establishment of Renewable Energy Zones across the state. That is no mean feat. He also regularly got up the nose of Scott Morrison and Angus Taylor, and I give credit to anyone who does that.

There is a state election in 6 days time. I have not heard what the ALP’s position on this is, whether they will continue with the programme unchanged, tweak it but broadly keep it intact, or see it as a pot of money they can raid for other things they want to do. Chris Minns has said some positive things about clean energy but has also said he would not rule out buying Eraring 🤔. He seems a bit of a populist, not wanting to rock the boat too much, I don‘t get the sense he’s a decarbonisation warrior but I might be wrong.

I think it is when they connect their own green box to the local network. They have to de-energise some of the local network to add the new substation in before energising it.
This grid connection at other sites has been the limiting time factor for install. Should be down to Tesla now for final testing and activation of the chargers now.
Looks like this will be another quick install and connection like the rezzy teams Figtree install. Seems like they are able to get their side of things down to around 4 weeks.
With at least 31 further sites in NSW in the next 18 months seems like they will be a good site installer to further utilise.
In a perfect world just get Tesla to build all the charging infrastructure but of course that's not realistic.