Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DEEi1RvXgAIWhaE.jpg

Last edited:
I am embarrassed to live in the state but also proud that antiprotestor by far out numbered the protestors. My question was which side the state police were on? Late response to dispersing the demonstrators and on videos you can see police strolling to see if anyone injured by car
so you're proud of the violent people throwing urine and feces at others? SMH.
all of the groups involved in that debacle, including the politicians should all be condemned

I am embarrassed to live in the state but also proud that antiprotestor by far out numbered the protestors. My question was which side the state police were on? Late response to dispersing the demonstrators and on videos you can see police strolling to see if anyone injured by car
Hopefully a little closer to topic: Is this SC in a safe place to visit? Sometimes radical places or places that tolerate problems are places to avoid, or at least spend a minimum amount of time at or only visit them during daylight hours. I have a high school friend that lives a few miles out of town and we have been talking about us visiting him. This SC makes our proposed trip a possibility.
I checked with the St Charles, MO police about the SC there before our last trip to ABQ and got good advice about where not to get off the Interstate. Safety and fun locations are part of our trip planning. So far, so good.

Hopefully a little closer to topic: Is this SC in a safe place to visit? Sometimes radical places or places that tolerate problems are places to avoid, or at least spend a minimum amount of time at or only visit them during daylight hours. I have a high school friend that lives a few miles out of town and we have been talking about us visiting him. This SC makes our proposed trip a possibility.
I checked with the St Charles, MO police about the SC there before our last trip to ABQ and got good advice about where not to get off the Interstate. Safety and fun locations are part of our trip planning. So far, so good.
I'm familiar with both the St. Louis area and the Charlottesville area. The Charlottesville SC is miles away from the the recent events in that town, just like Ferguson is roughly 10 miles from the St. Charles, MO, SC. These riots are very localized and "staged". A few blocks away and you wouldn't even know there's a problem.

Reactions: kort677
I'm familiar with both the St. Louis area and the Charlottesville area. The Charlottesville SC is miles away from the the recent events in that town, just like Ferguson is roughly 10 miles from the St. Charles, MO, SC. These riots are very localized and "staged". A few blocks away and you wouldn't even know there's a problem.
you are correct these are staged events by a very vocal minority and a compliant media.

• Disagree
Reactions: madodel and willr79
I live in the area. Stonefield is an upscale outdoor mall and Hyatt Place is a nice place to stay. I take my kids here all the time and will continue to do so. Even the area where those riots happened is a tourist favorite in the downtown historic area. Don't let the media deter you from a visit. I love this city and most people fall in love with it when they come. People here are friendly, but intolerant of intolerance, and we're not ashamed of that. I will end it here and suggest any other political-type discussion should do so as well.

I'm surprised at the location of SC but 29 is a major corridor to D.C. I'm not complaining. Maybe they'll advertise a grand opening and we can all meet each other. :)

I live in the area. Stonefield is an upscale outdoor mall and Hyatt Place is a nice place to stay. I take my kids here all the time and will continue to do so. Even the area where those riots happened is a tourist favorite in the downtown historic area. Don't let the media deter you from a visit. I love this city and most people fall in love with it when they come. People here are friendly, but intolerant of intolerance, and we're not ashamed of that. I will end it here and suggest any other political-type discussion should do so as well.

I'm surprised at the location of SC but 29 is a major corridor to D.C. I'm not complaining. Maybe they'll advertise a grand opening and we can all meet each other. :)

I just saw jwen's proposal for grand opening. 9/18? Is that set? I'll try to get around there for an update.

As an aside, there is a local meetup/ charger opening at Pro Re Nata Brewery in Crozet 10 miles west of Cville on 9/10 at 11am.

Finally, hyatt place still has their destination charger, right? Still an option for those needing charge. Measly 22-30/hr, but it take us at least a few hours to make the Duck donuts, Trader Joe's, etc. loop. Then there's the movie theater......

I just saw jwen's proposal for grand opening. 9/18? Is that set? I'll try to get around there for an update.

Finally, hyatt place still has their destination charger, right? Still an option for those needing charge. Measly 22-30/hr, but it take us at least a few hours to make the Duck donuts, Trader Joe's, etc. loop. Then there's the movie theater......

Nothing is set yet for a ribbon cutting. We're taking it week by week and playing it by ear based on what the community has been reporting back from visits to the location. ... Yep, the destination chargers at the Hyatt Place are still there. There's also a destination charger at the First and Market municipal parking lot, at the Oakhurst Inn Cafe (which they've been fine with me parking for a couple hours after purchasing a coffee), and the Flats at West Village by the World of Beer.

First and Market also has a CHAdeMO. So does the Woodward Water st. Lot on the other side of the mall. BTW, the Homewood Suites also has a CHAdeMO which can be used for free although the screen is hard to read. I believe all three CHAdeMOs are operated by Greenlots.