Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corio (Geelong), Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And from Steven on TM3 AU Facebook.
The cables are the right way, and signage up.

FB_IMG_1621671443980.jpg

Another stupid location. A home maker centre??? 24hr Servos/Take Away joints should be the first port of call. Once they have been completed, you add others in areas like major shopping precincts. This is the last place you want to park at 11pm.

Check out Bjorn's new video on how base level chargers should be done. A Cafe, pull through charging locations and all the amenities of a regular petrol station. After you have locations like these, you add them elsewhere.

Here is a better location::

2021-05-28 11_11_29-Google Maps — Mozilla Firefox.png

Last edited:
Another stupid location. A home maker centre??? 24hr Servos/Take Away joints should be the first port of call.
There is a Domino's and Red Rooster in the carpark of the Homemaker centre, next to the chargers.

The locations is 500m from the Princess Fwy.

Remember this is an in town site where land is at a premium.. unlike a middle of nowhere site like that Circle K.

Reactions: Chuq and Hairyman
Apparently the Geelong superchargers are go! Update courtesy of Matt from Geelong and Bellarine EV owners FB group yesterday.

"Just spoke with the Tesla elec at the corio supercharger. They are all now 100% online
V3 no power share also"

Can't wait to test them out!
I went for a quick detour last night to check them out, they were all lit up and looked like they were operational. Didn't have the time to stop and check, but good news they are online.

There is a Domino's and Red Rooster in the carpark of the Homemaker centre, next to the chargers.

The locations is 500m from the Princess Fwy.

Remember this is an in town site where land is at a premium.. unlike a middle of nowhere site like that Circle K.

Dominos and Red Rooster are not open 24/7 and they don't sell general stuff you buy whilst traveling. Thats not where your first sites need to be. . Im Sorry, but Tesla really isn't trying hard enough with many of their sites. If this was the "in-town" Geelong supercharger, it should have been right in Geelong central.

The "Travelers" Supercharger which should be the number one priority should be somwhere safe, open 24/7 and have facilities like toilets and hot/cold drinks snacks etc.

Some of my comments on victorian superchargers.

- Ovens Victoria, crazy spot, should have been in Myrtleford. The most annoying one I can think of besides the one one at the Winery in Port Maquarrie NSW.
- Euroa, not too bad on a nice day, but its a 5 minute walk to the bakery which is not good when its raining, at night I just use ChargeFox at the Shell service station, at least there is the choice.
- Yea, pretty good, would have been better to negotiate a spot in the main street for visability and closer to the 24/7 servo.
- Camberwell, perfect for what it is, a place to quickly charge and get a bite.
- Richmond, well we know why its there.
- Moonie Ponds, like Camberwell.
- Ballarat, silly location for people not living in Ballarat, should have been near the BP service station on the Ballarat exit from Melbourne. As an "in-town" charger, I think they could have put it on the otherside of the road near stockland.
- Wodonga, don't mind this one as an in town charger, but again at night and raining days, rather use ChargeFox at Barnawatha.

Can anyone advise why they would put this in corio?

At a guess, close to Princess Fwy for thru traffic, and near future Spirit of Tasmania dock .

But more importantly I suspect, a landlord willing to lease space, and relatively cheap access to lots of power..

For a 6 station V3 it's a lot of power, and many sites just couldn't supply it without very expensive (think millions in some cases) grid work.

All the fast charger operators have struggled to get sufficient power at some sites.
By comparison a typical petrol station would only use the power of a few houses... And would often be on a local circuit that's only designed for that purpose.

- Ballarat, silly location for people not living in Ballarat, should have been near the BP service station on the Ballarat exit from Melbourne. As an "in-town" charger, I think they could have put it on the otherside of the road near stockland.
I disagree on this one. Its a 5 min walk to Hungry Jacks, KFC, 5 min across the road the Plaza, Coles, Woolies heaps of food (it does shut around 10pm). If charging " in hours" you have all the shops there. Super Cheap, Spotlight, Anaconda, BCF.. easy to kill 30-50min.

I have to say Bendigo is probably in the wrong spot. It really should of been on A79 (Main road through town) around Kangaroo Flat where all
the shops are. Getting out the back of Bendigo is a 15 min trip if your coming from Melb.. Mind you having Woolies, Guzman, Pub and Maccas out there is pretty good

In Australia unlike the US a lot of food/dining/shops are not close/feed off the Freeways. You need to head off the freeways into the towns.

A classic example of this is in Melb. Look at the Monash Freeway. From city out to Dandenong how many petrol stations are along it where you can easily get on/off the freeway without stuffing around for 15min with lights through suburbia.

Also in the US there is a lot more food chains and chain hotels close to the freeways where sticking Superchargers make the time go faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieOwner
I checked the iPhone app this morning and nearly all the bays were full so good to see this being used. When we are out of lockdown this will be a charger I know that I would be using a lot. Need to see more chargers rolled out across Western Victoria (St Anard way) but that’s for another thread.