Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ehrenberg, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its open! Paint is fresh and still fences and equipment to be hauled off. Maxed at 115kw in Model X, but a Model 3 owner told me he was at 180kw initially.

Thank you so much Tesla team! Cashier inside said it 'only took them about a week.'
u02HLTJ_d.jpg

Imgur

Last edited:
From a Google search: The simple answer is that a Berg is a hill or mountain, whereas a Burg is a fortress. Said fortress is often on top of said hill!
So I'm going with berg. (the maps think so too), someone should tip off Tesla's map people.
From a German language point of view, it's more of a "Burg" than a "Berg," but neither would be truly appropriate given that it's located in a river valley, not on any sort of hill or mountain.

I did some digging though and discovered it was named after Herman Ehrenberg, which makes more sense. So I would go with "Ehrenberg," although wiki does say "Ehrenberg, also historically spelled "Ehrenburg", is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in La Paz County, Arizona, United States," so I guess it's kind of like the Foxborough/Foxboro thing.

In any case, I'm happy to be wrong about the opening date for this supercharger :)

I was stoked from what I saw on my M3 screen upon arriving from Scottsdale with 78% SOC to 21% when I reached the brand new 250kW SC. First timer V3 user.

I salute the SC team and contractors for making this station possible in less than 2 weeks! You guys are awesome.
I intentionally avoided Quartzsite due to slow charging rate on some of the SC's. I don't care if it is "berg" or "burg", but this is now my favorite spot. Be mindful there's a lot of vehicles coming in and out of the Flying J station. Have a safe trip and keep spreading the news to our fellow members of this group. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7108.JPG

Blue skies and white clouds today. Arrived at 32% SOC. My 3 LR RWD only hit 156 kW. Have hit 240 kW plus on other V3s at lower SOC. can still see temp lines painted on the ground and construction fencing. The truck stop has tepid food options... Just a Wendy's cinnabon and heat lamp pizza. Pretty cool to be here at day 2

View attachment 482560
What’s under construction behind the Supercharger?

I'll be able to get pics Wednesday if open. If not, we will have to keep cruising to try and get from Indio to Goodyear to avoid the lines at Quartzsite. Fingers crossed
Lines at Quartzsite. My Goodness. We've been there 2 times, and of all the superchargers in the western United States, Quartzsite is by far the most pathetic.
People line up to charge there?
For reference, I'd say the best Tesla Supercharger Station in the Western United States is Wickenburg Arizona.

Last edited:
Not only did they spell Ehrenburg wrong, Tesla thinks the charger is in Nashville, Tennessee. Check out my Tesla account, I did some serious traveling today.

Cabazon, CA
Nashville, TN and then
Buckeye, AZ

Nashville TN to Buckeye, AZ in 1.5 hrs has got to be a world distance record for a single charge and a commercial aviation speed record.

IMG_20191128_154559__01.jpg

Screenshot_20191128-230409__01.jpg

Last edited:
Stopped by last night around 6:00PM, on my way from Cali to PHX to find out what's going on with this station. A subcontractor for Tesla pulled over, opened up the main circuit breaker trying to troubleshoot the problem. This 250 kW SC opened up 11/30, 3 days after it was out of service. Hopefully power is restored soon.

InkedIMG_7176_LI.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tmoz