Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to know the occupancy and power usage over time for a place like this after it's been operational for a few months. I'm guess Tesla doesn't make that kind of info available to anyone?
I don’t know occupancy info but the 8 V3 stalls in Patterson are pulling about 600 kW peak. It isn’t the busiest station (Patterson) in terms of occupancy that I’ve seen relative to 8 stalls but multiply this times 7 and you’ll start to get a rough idea of what Firebaugh might see on a monthly basis: probably over 4 MW demand on the busier months.

Reactions: LoudMusic
I'd love to know the occupancy and power usage over time for a place like this after it's been operational for a few months. I'm guess Tesla doesn't make that kind of info available to anyone?
It hasn't been updated by community members in a year, but I suppose this would be the only source for that information (the top 10 on a 24 hour basis, and network-wide total): Top 10 Superchargers based on Tesla screen at Kettleman City and other locations

Typically the sites with the highest capacity and in most need of additional supercharging capacity have the highest utilization, then once another supercharger is built it drops as a result of shared local capacity.

Reactions: LoudMusic
Whoa! 50+ superchargers! I thought it was a typo at first then was like "Where in the heck is Firebaugh?!?"

I remember saying that the very first time someone mentioned the name Firebaugh to me. A client of mine decided to sell a commercial property in Firebaugh proper (where these maps are showing located about 30 min. off the freeway). Lived in CA all my life, and that was the first and only time I've ever stopped in Firebaugh.

But, about a year or two later, I heard the name Firebaugh mentioned again. This time on national TV.....when the Buffalo Bills selected Josh Allen with the number 1 pick in 2018. Absolutely amazing how someone from a small farm town like Firebaugh is now a top QB in the NFL.

Reactions: P85_DA
I remember saying that the very first time someone mentioned the name Firebaugh to me. A client of mine decided to sell a commercial property in Firebaugh proper (where these maps are showing located about 30 min. off the freeway). Lived in CA all my life, and that was the first and only time I've ever stopped in Firebaugh.

But, about a year or two later, I heard the name Firebaugh mentioned again. This time on national TV.....when the Buffalo Bills selected Josh Allen with the number 1 pick in 2018. Absolutely amazing how someone from a small farm town like Firebaugh is now a top QB in the NFL.
As a patriots fan I’m quite jealous.

My high school was in the same division as Firebaugh. This was many many years ago, but they had a great football program and regularly beat the tar out of us.

To avoid moderator side-eye, anyone, uh, have some recent progress pictures of the new supercharger?

Update: Mark on Twitter
68B664FA-D832-49B1-80A9-F6A260EDDEDC.jpeg
33679E65-8E7A-423B-BD2D-0A2BE5C6E127.jpeg

I would really like to see the rating on that utility transformer. That above ground connection to the distribution cabinet looks pretty beefy too. I had previously speculated that this site might use two 2500KVA utility transformers. That does not appear to be the case.
That’s what I would have assumed too: either two 2000 kVA or two 2500 kVA transformers and not a single one. Is it possible the other transformer is somewhere outside of view of the pictures taken?