Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just charged at Flagstaff. It was my 14th supercharger of the trip and the fastest one yet at 289mph (we have one of the earlier batteries - 90kw). The Marriott is nice also -- great lounge and a little market for snacks/drinks. You can follow our trip at musings on the strait and narrow. if you're interested.

Thanks for the update -- and welcome to AZ...

Can't wait to use the Flagstaff supercharger next month!

125kW Charging and Friendly Hotel Staff

I went out of my way (150 miles) to try out the Flagstaff supercharger. The traffic was very congested from the highway exit to the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised that the charger location is a little bit out of the way from the main hotel entrance, so it's unlikely to be ICEd. I went to the lobby and spoke with the hotel staff and they were very friendly and even offered me a water bottle when I was leaving. I was able to start charging at 125kW (Dec-2012 build date with B battery pack):

2014-01-16 16.28.38.jpg
2014-01-16 16.30.45.jpg

image.jpg
My wife and I were in Flagstaff this weekend at the Marriott and were pleased to see the utilization. Every space was full on Friday night with cars from Washington, Minnesota & Arizona. All slots were full again at noon Saturday with all Arizona cars. Nice to see them being used, but am a bit worried that getting a charger when you need it may become an issue soon.

My wife and I were in Flagstaff this weekend at the Marriott and were pleased to see the utilization. Every space was full on Friday night with cars from Washington, Minnesota & Arizona. All slots were full again at noon Saturday with all Arizona cars. Nice to see them being used, but am a bit worried that getting a charger when you need it may become an issue soon.

Nice!! I'm surprised so many people could find it ;-)

The one time I was there, on a Sunday afternoon there was no one else and I was thinking they made the right decision in installing only four stalls. I wonder which the outlier situation is. Wish I had access to the use metrics to satisfy my curiosity.

I guess I must have missed all this. I was the only one charging at about 5pm on Friday:
2014-05-30 at 16-55-42.JPG

I've stayed there several times, always charging the car all night long; never another Tesla ever seen.

Thing about that hotel: every room I've ever stayed in has had atrocious, I mean really truly horrible, fumes. Some sort of chemical, like carpet cleaner, or insecticide, or who knows what. They douse the rooms with this stuff and even if it's 25ºF outside, you gotta keep the windows open because it's so toxic to breathe. Complaints to the front desk result in either disbelief or long stories about how the cabinet that the little fridge is in in the room gets too hot from the fridge, and you smell the stain. Sorry, this is more like deeply breathing Monsanto's Roundup or something.

I've stayed there several times, always charging the car all night long; never another Tesla ever seen.

Thing about that hotel: every room I've ever stayed in has had atrocious, I mean really truly horrible, fumes. Some sort of chemical, like carpet cleaner, or insecticide, or who knows what. They douse the rooms with this stuff and even if it's 25ºF outside, you gotta keep the windows open because it's so toxic to breathe. Complaints to the front desk result in either disbelief or long stories about how the cabinet that the little fridge is in in the room gets too hot from the fridge, and you smell the stain. Sorry, this is more like deeply breathing Monsanto's Roundup or something.

Yet you've stayed there more than once?:scared: