Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grand Forks ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Search and Status

New permit for a Supercharger design in Grand Forks, ND. @BlueShift

CALLER INFORMATION

Company Name: DESIGN TREE ENGINEERING
Fax Phone:
Contact Name: JON SCHUETTE
Phone: 320-460-7110
Alt Contact: JON
Alt. Phone: 320-808-1000
Caller Address: 120 17TH AVENUE 120 17TH AVENUE W. ALEXANDRIA, MN 56308
Email Address: [email protected]

SURVEY INFORMATION

Surveyor: JON SCHUETTE
Phone: 320-460-7110 Ext:
Company: DESIGN TREE ENGINEERING
Address: 120 17TH AVENUE W. ALEXANDRIA MN 56308

DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY FOR A TESLA CHARGING STATION
Work Being Done For: TESLA MOTORS
Depth: LESS 6IN
Explosives: N
Tunneling/Boring: N
White Lining: DETAILED DRAWING

DIG SITE LOCATION

County: GRAND FORKS
Place: GRAND FORKS
City Limits: Y
Address: 3601
Street: 32ND AVENUE SOUTH
Intersecting Street: SOUTH 38TH STREET
Location of Work: MARK THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE TARGET PARKING LOT. PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED DRAWINGS FOR SPECIFIC LOCATION.
Remarks: SITE MARKED
Map Twp: 151N
Rng: 50W
Sect-Qtr: 20-NW
Map Coord NW Lat: 47.8883363
Lon: -97.0814440
SE Lat: 47.8857088
Lon: -97.0783866

Obligatory THIS IS NOT A PERMIT post: This isn't a building permit. Nor is it preparation for imminent digging. This is a site survey to enable site design.

Nice to see a specific site identified as a possible location for a supercharger in Grand Forks, though. Plus, the location being at a Target store is also good to see as Tesla has partnered with them at a lot of other locations. So, assuming there are no power/utility issues that crop up with this location, it looks like a decent chance of it actually happening there eventually.

Also, the ticket had an attached file showing where in the parking lot they wanted surveyed. Which mapped to HERE.

Supercharger- Grand Forks, ND_survey location.JPG

Obligatory THIS IS NOT A PERMIT post: This isn't a building permit. Nor is it preparation for imminent digging. This is a site survey to enable site design.

Nice to see a specific site identified as a possible location for a supercharger in Grand Forks, though. Plus, the location being at a Target store is also good to see as Tesla has partnered with them at a lot of other locations. So, assuming there are no power/utility issues that crop up with this location, it looks like a decent chance of it actually happening there eventually.

Also, the ticket had an attached file showing where in the parking lot they wanted surveyed. Which mapped to HERE.

View attachment 430749

I clearly stated it was a permit for a Supercharger DESIGN in the first sentence. Whether it should be included in supercharge.info is up to them -- the Alexandria and Fargo posts both started with similar permits for a survey.

Its nice to know that Tesla is expanding its planning for the forgotten state of ND and highly relevant to those of us who live in Minnesota and North Dakota.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I don't mind whether this is added or not... In Australia not every charging station requires a permit first, so I was generally a bit more lax about what determines a blue dot. I found out later that the city/council building permit system in most of the US is a bit more strict.

Up to the locals... would it help so people know where to look for construction when they are passing through?

• Informative
I would think that a request for utilities location as a step in design is fairly indicative of some intent - there are plenty of permits identified as blue dots that just languished. Every bit of definite information is a positive indicator - and yes, if we're in the area in the future we'll check out the site. (Plus, now we might get an indication of the time lag between site survey and groundbreaking).

Yeah we'll just have to keep an eye out for a building permit, both for Fargo and Grand Forks. I hope Tesla gets serious about electrifying I-94 and I-29 in North Dakota as its next to impossible to get through that state without a lot of compromises. So much so, that I take the ICE if I ever travel that direction from Minneapolis.

Yeah we'll just have to keep an eye out for a building permit, both for Fargo and Grand Forks. I hope Tesla gets serious about electrifying I-94 and I-29 in North Dakota as its next to impossible to get through that state without a lot of compromises. So much so, that I take the ICE if I ever travel that direction from Minneapolis.
Well, that location happens to be across the street from the Best Western, which happens to have the best charger (J1772) in town. I expect to see good pictorial coverage of the site here.

Grand Forks, ND

Along Primary Interstates: I-29
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-2, US-81
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-29:
To: Pembina, ND (Permit) - 77.7 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: MB, Canada at Pembina, ND (End) - 79.9 miles

To: Winnipeg, MB (Permit) (I-29, MB-75, MB-330, MB-100, MB-90) - 147.7 miles

To: Duluth, MN (US-2, I-35) - 274.4 miles
From: Jamestown, ND (Permit) (I-94, ND-CR-11, ND-CR-26, I-29)- 156 miles

Will make the winter connection from Fargo, ND to Winnipeg, MB.
Now it just needs Tesla to turn those blue dots red.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
To: Winnipeg, MB (Permit) (I-29, MB-75, MB-330, MB-100, MB-90) - 147.7 miles
This is not a reasonable route. MB-330 is a poorly maintained gravel road. It is not reasonable to take in spring/summer/fall weather and is no shortcut in winter.

You want to take I-29, MB-75, Route 42, Route 165/90. This takes you to Polo Park, the permit site.

This is not a reasonable route. MB-330 is a poorly maintained gravel road. It is not reasonable to take in spring/summer/fall weather and is no shortcut in winter.

You want to take I-29, MB-75, Route 42, Route 165/90. This takes you to Polo Park, the permit site.
Close. You avoid a lot of urban driving by taking 75 to 100 (Perimeter) west about 1 mile to Kenaston which changes into Rte 90 and goes by Polo Park. After the bridge over the river and under Portage, turn right to get to Polo Park. Oh, and watch out - after the railroad underpass 90 becomes 60kph (36mph) and after Grant, it's 50kph (30mph). North of Grant used to be a favourite spot to catch speeders and hand out tickets, but now traffic is so congested that they don't always bother. Watch for Winnipeg red light cameras which in reality are speed cameras. (That's how most of the tickets are)

• Informative