Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visit this plaza a few times a week (groceries, and the restaurants). Unfortunately since the last time they tried digging i've been watching keenly and those spots are in fact used quite a bit by shoppers to the restaurants on the other side. There's a new Ivar's coming in addition to panda express, qdoba, etc. Likely be affected by both ICE'ing as well as locals to do their daily charging.

There's dedicated lots directly adjacent the store fronts of the shops you mentioned which have always contained several open spaces whenever I've visited (I eat at both the Q'doba and the Panda Express a lot).

You have to walk a lot farther AND cross a two-way 'street' (for lack of a better word) if you want to use the charging spots for that purpose. I just don't see any reason why people would make that effort unless they are purposely ICE'ing or doing daily charging.

The latter is what I expect to have the biggest impact.

Hey, this is pretty cool. I'll be curious on when this gets finished. I made a trip to Seattle a couple of months ago, and had to use a Blink CHAdeMO a few times while I was there in Seattle, which worked out OK. I'll be going up there again in October 22-23, so it'll be interesting to see if it's operational by then. That would be pretty sweet to have a good start at Isaquah and be able to skip over Ellensburg somewhat easily by going along to Vantage and south on 243.

Reactions: IdaX
I’m hoping for 4x2 pull through stalls like Bandon, OR
img_20161114_170309-jpg.202357

Reactions: BerTX
These stalls will be iced all the time. This parking lot is always full. Not many options in the area.
Everyone always thinks their supercharger is going to be ICEd, but only in rare cases is ICEing much of a problem. In the worst cases, it can easily be fixed simply by putting cones in the parking spots. In this case, I think these might be pull through stalls which basically never get ICEd anywhere. We shall see.

The bigger problem with this location is it is likely going to be swarmed by Tesla "campers," people who just love to charge to 100% every day or at least every week. You see it all over California and I don't see why it would be any different here.

Everyone always thinks their supercharger is going to be ICEd, but only in rare cases is ICEing much of a problem. In the worst cases, it can easily be fixed simply by putting cones in the parking spots. In this case, I think these might be pull through stalls which basically never get ICEd anywhere. We shall see.

The bigger problem with this location is it is likely going to be swarmed by Tesla "campers," people who just love to charge to 100% every day or at least every week. You see it all over California and I don't see why it would be any different here.
Hopefully, this is a novelty that wears off for those that have home charging.

Supposedly, with free unlimited supercharging going away in new vehicles, Tesla is billing for parking (ie overstaying on a charger). But I wonder how many Teslas are actually being delivered without unlimited. It seems like it's easy to get unlimited charging.

The vast majority of Model 3's don't have unlimited supercharging. And Model 3's are the bulk of the deliveries currently.

I also suspect apartment dwellers are more likely to get Model 3's over S's and X's especially here in Seattle just given how much easier driving and parking a 3 would be on narrow streets and parking stalls.

• Informative