Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kelso, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody checked in at Kelso lately? Odd that the apparently completed facility would just sit, especially since it was constructed pretty quickly.
See #81. The Voice of Experience. My more limited experience concurs. Sometimes the reason is obvious; sometimes it remains a mystery. But eventually the miracle of activation occurs.

Reactions: RocketMan88
Did a little digging. Apparently, the City of Kelso doesn't issue electrical permits - they have to come from the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. I found this on the L&I website:

Until further notice, L&I electrical inspectors (including virtual) will only inspect installations in accordance with the Governor’s directives regarding essential business and workers.

So, there's little chance that the Kelso Supercharger will get inspected and turned on until WA state loosens up its COVID-19 restrictions.

Did a little digging. Apparently, the City of Kelso doesn't issue electrical permits - they have to come from the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. I found this on the L&I website:

Until further notice, L&I electrical inspectors (including virtual) will only inspect installations in accordance with the Governor’s directives regarding essential business and workers.

So, there's little chance that the Kelso Supercharger will get inspected and turned on until WA state loosens up its COVID-19 restrictions.
Gas stations are considered essential businesses, so EV charging stations could likely be in the same category. Obviously no single gas station or charging station is truly "essential," but as a whole they are considered essential.

Screenshot_20200426-073720_Chrome.jpg

@PLUS EV I wonder if there is a distinction being made between operating gas (and EV) stations and pre-operating gas & EV stations, and the work to create them. I could envision an argument being made that activating another gas station (or by implication, EV, even tho the situations are different) adds to the number of exposure points, and thus is something that should be suspended until COVID-19 restrictions are eased. i.e. don't make the problem worse by opening yet another essential business -- of course, this is all predicated on the idea that legislators, or the legislation, does not differentiate between gas stations (with people) and fully automated EV stations (no people). And there's also the notion that transmission via "pump" handles (EV cords) would be a potential transmission vector, especially for relatively busy "filling" stations where there isn't sufficient time between usages of a given "pump" for the virus to completely die.

Last edited:
I see a lot of complaining but no one has actually stopped by in the last two weeks. It could be open and we don't even know it!

I am part of the problem as I drove right by on Mother's Day. Just totally spaced out or else I would have stopped in. Didn't think of it till I glanced down from the freeway and saw it. I can say that it didn't look open, but I couldn't be sure. It wasn't like it was roped off or anything.

I see a lot of complaining but no one has actually stopped by in the last two weeks. It could be open and we don't even know it!

I am part of the problem as I drove right by on Mother's Day. Just totally spaced out or else I would have stopped in. Didn't think of it till I glanced down from the freeway and saw it. I can say that it didn't look open, but I couldn't be sure. It wasn't like it was roped off or anything.
I will run by after work today.