Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel for you guys, I really do! However Tesla has the means to produce, store, and deliver electricity, and they have a worldwide multiyear experience deploying superchargers -- the giant desert that is SE PA is on them. Where there is a will there is a way. Offer PECO a discount on a grid storage facility to give them green bragging rights, shame them in Harrisburg, bypass them outright. Strengthen the relationship with Wawa. Work with the local officials. Put a couple of stalls at the Devon and Lancaster service centers. There are things Tesla can do to make it happen.

Do not lose hope though, if the freakin' Electric City finally got a supercharger maybe Bucks/Montgomery/Delaware/Chester/Lancaster/Berks can too, within the next century ;)

Doylestown would be great. But imagine a supercharger at the Marriott right at the 476/76 interchange. That'd be ridiculously good location.

Yeah, I think road junctions are really the key to siting. You want them to be at locations people are likely to be driving past, and 476/76 or 476/276 are great examples of this.

I'd also consider going one exit away from one of these points on a non-toll road if it reduces traffic. KOP is an extremely high-traffic location, but it also can get quite congested near the mall itself. Siting the supercharger 1 exit away along one of the highways that is well-connected with direct interchanges would let people get from their route to the charger via a ramp, and then when they exit into traffic they're not sitting on 202 where it is 5 lanes wide with a maze of mall turning lanes, with 1/4 mile to make their way across and then navigate the maze of internal roads at the mall itself.

If they stuck it just a bit further west on 202 that is only an extra minute to drive there but now they're on more ordinary roads.

The road layout at 476/76 is a bit confusing, but not super-congested, so I think the navigation system will make up for any issues there.

Reactions: gavine
The road layout at 476/76 is a bit confusing, but not super-congested, so I think the navigation system will make up for any issues there.
Wow your experience is different than mine. I almost never get off there because of the ridiculous amount of traffic. There's a Wawa in Conshohocken which can easily delay me twenty minutes getting off and back on.

Reactions: rich0