Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the pictures, debani! I am excited to see the trench running in front of the parking spaces. That suggests that these may be head-in stalls, which should cut down the ICEing considerably. We'll know for sure when they start laying the conduit.

Reactions: Lyon
Thanks for the pictures, debani! I am excited to see the trench running in front of the parking spaces. That suggests that these may be head-in stalls, which should cut down the ICEing considerably. We'll know for sure when they start laying the conduit.

You know, I hadn't thought about the fact that head-in spots will possibly cut down on ICEing. It certainly makes life with an X with a bike rack much easier. It would make sense that folks might feel less like pulling next to a station than simply parking in front of one. Also, if they pull in far enough, one might still be able to reach the plug were one to park behind the ICEhole.

Base on what I saw yesterday, I think these will be back-in stalls...
I was able to stop by today and check it out a couple of days further along. I am now comfortable confirming head-in stalls, which makes me happy- best option for this location. Three men working here on a Saturday- which also makes me happy about the intent to get this done. I just hope they're getting overtime...

Maybe you people visiting the worksite could bring the workers some snacks or such. I once delivered a couple dozen doughnuts to a Tesla Service Center (to celebrate the 3.0 Battery Upgrade being made available for my v1.5 Roadster) and I'm pretty sure that the techs remember me from that small act of appreciation.

Maybe you people visiting the worksite could bring the workers some snacks or such. I once delivered a couple dozen doughnuts to a Tesla Service Center (to celebrate the 3.0 Battery Upgrade being made available for my v1.5 Roadster) and I'm pretty sure that the techs remember me from that small act of appreciation.
Great suggestion. When we stopped by this morning we wished we had thought to bring them something. We're planning to round up something for them the next time we stop by on Monday or Tuesday. I didn't want to interrupt the crew either, but I feel comfortable confirming the head-in stall configuration now that a few more days of progress has occurred. Clean trenches a car-length away from the retained original curb, with notches cut for each charging pillar. Of course, that will become clear once the conduit is laid.

Tonight had to go north from J's Fish due to heavy traffic so swung around the mall to get to a signal light to turn south. Indicated they completed phase one this evening. Left my phone at home so no pics--pipes extending up out of ground. Confirmed it is head-in--wahoo! So much better than back-in for this location. Will also try to take something by for the crew next time--great idea.

This three man crew is in constant motion. I'm impressed with the progress made each day. Their experience on other SC sites clearly is making a difference. This morning they were finishing forms for concrete. The transformer vault is already in place, and it sounds like there won't be much of a wait for the transformer. If you're delivering coffee- light roast preferred.
IMG_4351.JPG
IMG_4352.JPG

This three man crew is in constant motion. I'm impressed with the progress made each day. Their experience on other SC sites clearly is making a difference. This morning they were finishing forms for concrete. The transformer vault is already in place, and it sounds like there won't be much of a wait for the transformer. If you're delivering coffee- light roast preferred.
View attachment 187186 View attachment 187188
Here is another pic my wife took today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: goneskiian
<pics>
That first construction pic makes it absolutely clear that they are head-in stalls.

Some of the concrete was already completed this afternoon. Hard working crew fueled by donuts and coffee from Otter. They said on Sunday it was nice to have the space to work in that they did at Seaside but doesn't look like this layout is slowing them down any.

All of these superchargers going in on the OR Coast has gotten me thinking about making a trip down there to check them out!

As it happens, next week my one and only Tesla, a Roadster, goes into the Service Center for a few days to have the 3.0 Battery Upgrade installed, and I'll have a Model S loaner for that period. What better way to check out the new superchargers than with a Tesla that can make use of them, eh? I'm retired and single, so I can do what I want, when I want. :)

I drove the OR Coast back in 1996, and I remember it being awesome the whole way, but is there anything that is a "must not miss"? I did it in an abbreviated fashion, since my final destination was SF.

All of these superchargers going in on the OR Coast has gotten me thinking about making a trip down there to check them out!

As it happens, next week my one and only Tesla, a Roadster, goes into the Service Center for a few days to have the 3.0 Battery Upgrade installed, and I'll have a Model S loaner for that period. What better way to check out the new superchargers than with a Tesla that can make use of them, eh? I'm retired and single, so I can do what I want, when I want. :)

I drove the OR Coast back in 1996, and I remember it being awesome the whole way, but is there anything that is a "must not miss"? I did it in an abbreviated fashion, since my final destination was SF.

The whole coast is beautiful but I mostly know the central coast. So many state parks are scenic. There are newspapers at locations around town that have info on things to see and do. For whale watching around here try Boiler Bay, Rocky Creek, and the seawall at Depoe Bay. Take a whale watching excursion with the Whale Museum in Depoe Bay. Oregon Coast Aquarium and Hatfield Marine Science Center are in Newport. Places to eat: Otis Cafe (get the German potatoes). Wildflower Grill, Blackfish Cafe, J's Fish and Chips (ordering to go might be faster than dining in) in L. City, Tidal Raves and Sea Breeze Bakery in Depoe Bay, Georgie's in Newport. Green Salmon in Yachats. Glass blowing at Jennifer Sears in L. City or The Edge in Newport. Farmer's Markets on Saturday in Newport and on Sunday in both L. City and Yachats. North coast, check out Seaside supercharger. There's the cheese factory in Tillamook but also Blue Heron is a pleasant stop with a cafe, interesting cheese store, animals to feed, and a Tesla destination charger. There are Aerovironment stations all down the coast and a few Tesla destination chargers on the map. Do you have a CHAdeMO adapter? Just plan on there being a lot of traffic--many folks visiting here this year from all over the U.S. And be sure to go to the L. City Outlet Mall and check out the supercharger construction.

Stopped by this morning to find the crew placing the last of the four supercharger cabinets. The distribution center is already in place, the eight charging stations are mounted, and all the forms are off the concrete. I expect there will be a lot of cable to pull next. These gentlemen are wasting no time.
IMG_4360.JPG

Reactions: melindav
The whole coast is beautiful but I mostly know the central coast. So many state parks are scenic. There are newspapers at locations around town that have info on things to see and do. For whale watching around here try Boiler Bay, Rocky Creek, and the seawall at Depoe Bay. Take a whale watching excursion with the Whale Museum in Depoe Bay. Oregon Coast Aquarium and Hatfield Marine Science Center are in Newport. Places to eat: Otis Cafe (get the German potatoes). Wildflower Grill, Blackfish Cafe, J's Fish and Chips (ordering to go might be faster than dining in) in L. City, Tidal Raves and Sea Breeze Bakery in Depoe Bay, Georgie's in Newport. Green Salmon in Yachats. Glass blowing at Jennifer Sears in L. City or The Edge in Newport. Farmer's Markets on Saturday in Newport and on Sunday in both L. City and Yachats. North coast, check out Seaside supercharger. There's the cheese factory in Tillamook but also Blue Heron is a pleasant stop with a cafe, interesting cheese store, animals to feed, and a Tesla destination charger. There are Aerovironment stations all down the coast and a few Tesla destination chargers on the map. Do you have a CHAdeMO adapter? Just plan on there being a lot of traffic--many folks visiting here this year from all over the U.S. And be sure to go to the L. City Outlet Mall and check out the supercharger construction.
I know talking about food is probably off-topic, but in addition to debani's excellent suggestions I have to quickly plug my personal fave in Newport- Local Ocean across the street from the fishing boat docks. If you are a chowderhead (New England style), there are several Mo's locations strung along the coast- I like the slumgullion, which is clam chowder with a generous amount of pink shrimp added. Message me for more Newport options. OK. Done.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones