Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon for off-topic, but we came out last year from VA and drove from Seattle to San Diego. We only had the pleasure of doing coastal roads around central Cali and we had a blast. I didn't expect for there to be a reason to consider another trip so soon.
But, if you folks are going to put superchargers in all up and down the coast, well then we might just have to start planning THAT road trip in earnest! :)

Just did an Oregon Coast trip and with the new Seaside Supercharger (opened 7/1/16) and the Chademo's in every town, it is an easy EV trip to make. :D

RE Eureka: I'm not good at navigating the forums, so I've been going to supercharger.info, clicking on the map icon for the site I'm curious about, and choosing "discuss" from the menu that pops up. That gets me to the relevant thread.

It appears that the optimists hope for Eureka by the end of July. Sometime in August, surely? I have developed an Eeyore attitude from watching several of these. I don't get my hopes up until I see that the utility transformer is installed.

RE Eureka: I'm not good at navigating the forums, so I've been going to supercharger.info, clicking on the map icon for the site I'm curious about, and choosing "discuss" from the menu that pops up. That gets me to the relevant thread.

It appears that the optimists hope for Eureka by the end of July. Sometime in August, surely? I have developed an Eeyore attitude from watching several of these. I don't get my hopes up until I see that the utility transformer is installed.

Good advice, that.

Two guys there, more equipment today, getting started.

Attachments

• SuperchargerJuly13.jpg
    SuperchargerJuly13.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 152
This supercharger is going to be used heavily. The AV CHAdeMO is often used by Teslas in LC so the supercharger will free that up again for LEAFs and Souls. Very exciting development. Will try to get a few more pictures of progress as we go along but Seaside seemed to move along rapidly. Thanks, Otter, for notifying [email protected]. You can do 40-minute RT to LC this time of year? Do you have flight mode in that 70D? :) Catch you this weekend @ North Bend parade.

How long does it take on average for a Super Charger to go online from ground breaking? My wife will be driving up to Lincoln City in a few weeks.

The time from groundbreaking to online is quite variable, with the biggest uncertainty being delays getting the transformer installed and hooked up to the grid. Rural sites like this one seem to have fewer delays, so I'd guess this will be online in about 6 weeks. With fast installation and no delays with the transformer, some sites have taken as little as 3 weeks.

Reactions: ilovemycoffee
In Washington on Hwy 101 two are planned, not permitted. Oregon has Seaside, permitted Lincoln City, and Coos Bay might be next not permitted.

California permitted Eureka, Cresent City building.

That would pretty much finish Hwy 101.

From the Oregon coast HiWay 101
to INTERSTATE 5 , it is easy to cross over several locations. Plus if you have a CHAdeMO adapter there are 10 stations that are realiable, about 35 miles apart, and not expensive to use.

. Areoenviroment CHAdeMO, plus level 2, supplies the stations for west Coast Electric HiWay very reliable