Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CPA, you are missing the point. I have been to the vast majority of Superchargers that you listed. I'm obviously aware that there are many superchargers that are not on interstates, especially in California where there are so many Teslas. But Hebron, Nebraska is a far cry from US 101. There are much more pressing needs in the middle of the country than Hebron (I already listed them in previous posts). For that matter, when the Nebraska I-80 corridor is completed, it will not be too tough to travel from Salina to one of the I-80 superchargers.

Of course I want superchargers everywhere, but it is what it is. They can only build them so fast and they can only work on so many at a time. While I am always happy to see a new supercharger, I would definitely be scratching my head if they started construction in Hebron any time soon.

CPA, you are missing the point. I have been to the vast majority of Superchargers that you listed. I'm obviously aware that there are many superchargers that are not on interstates, especially in California where there are so many Teslas. But Hebron, Nebraska is a far cry from US 101. There are much more pressing needs in the middle of the country than Hebron (I already listed them in previous posts). For that matter, when the Nebraska I-80 corridor is completed, it will not be too tough to travel from Salina to one of the I-80 superchargers.

Of course I want superchargers everywhere, but it is what it is. They can only build them so fast and they can only work on so many at a time. While I am always happy to see a new supercharger, I would definitely be scratching my head if they started construction in Hebron any time soon.

You missed my point too!

You missed my point too!

State Highways would and really should come after Interstates. State Highways are primarily for STATE travel where as Interstates are for travel between states. Many state highways end at the state line. Tesla should keep focusing on Superchargers along the interstates first and that's what they seem to be doing. I'd have to most certainly say that there should be a Supercharger on I-29 somewhere between Kansas City and the Iowa border to make it practical to use I-29. The only thing allowing us to make it with a 85 is the ChaDEmo in St. Joseph, MO. I agree eventually they should focus on state highways but I believe we are a VERY long way away from that happening.

81 is the continuation of I-135 in the north-south direction and connections Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota (through 281), North Dakota, and Manitoba (changes name to 5). Just sayin'.

Pretty disappointed to see no one working. I'm on site right now and it appears that they got some of the foundation done but still got a long way to go.

Attachments

• tmp_3785-20161111_044511-620491110.jpg
    tmp_3785-20161111_044511-620491110.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 97
  • tmp_3785-20161111_044504-1113745083.jpg
    tmp_3785-20161111_044504-1113745083.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 79
  • tmp_3785-20161111_044441628632254.jpg
    tmp_3785-20161111_044441628632254.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 83
  • tmp_3785-20161111_0444321520148345.jpg
    tmp_3785-20161111_0444321520148345.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 89
Missed posting this last photo. Not sure if that's going to be the actual Supercharger or if those are just the stalls.

That looks like it's the larger slab for the 4 Supercharger cabinets, plus a smaller slab for the distribution cabinet. I think that because I see 4 vertical conduits. I could be wrong and the Supercharger cabinets and distribution cabinet could all be on that larger slab and the 2nd slab would be for the transformer. But the 2nd slab doesn't look very big, and the 1st slab looks long and thin, suggesting the cabinets-in-a-line setup that we've been seeing at some recent Superchargers.

I wonder how one would get to Gothenburg from Lincoln or further east in a S75 or Model 3? Looks like it would be tight even with good wx.
I drive from Omaha to Cozad weekly, 10 miles east of Gothenburg. I charge to 90% which gives me 228 miles of range. I make it rarely with any miles left and often drive the last mileage on zero. This is at 63 mph average. It's not a pleasurable trip. If I am going into wind this slows me down accordingly. Charging at hyvee in Kearney is avail but very slow. I have used it but count on adding up to hrs to get any appreciable range. Not to mention you go 2-3 miles out of the way to get to it, so the first half hour is making up to and from. There also is a KOA in Kearney that will allow charging for $5 and that's a a bit quicker but nothing near to burn time. Until Tesla gets a few SC up and running NE will still be difficult to navigate. There are a few HPWC from tesla owners avail on PlugShare that haves shown willingness to offer charges and that very helpful to bridge the gaps currently. I'm hopefully by the time I get my model 3 life will be better.

I drive from Omaha to Cozad weekly, 10 miles east of Gothenburg. I charge to 90% which gives me 228 miles of range. I make it rarely with any miles left and often drive the last mileage on zero. This is at 63 mph average. It's not a pleasurable trip. If I am going into wind this slows me down accordingly. Charging at hyvee in Kearney is avail but very slow. I have used it but count on adding up to hrs to get any appreciable range. Not to mention you go 2-3 miles out of the way to get to it, so the first half hour is making up to and from. There also is a KOA in Kearney that will allow charging for $5 and that's a a bit quicker but nothing near to burn time. Until Tesla gets a few SC up and running NE will still be difficult to navigate. There are a few HPWC from tesla owners avail on PlugShare that haves shown willingness to offer charges and that very helpful to bridge the gaps currently. I'm hopefully by the time I get my model 3 life will be better.

Curious how many miles you can go on zero! I've never gone down to zero myself, but I've gone down to single digit miles a couple times.

State Highways would and really should come after Interstates. State Highways are primarily for STATE travel where as Interstates are for travel between states. Many state highways end at the state line. Tesla should keep focusing on Superchargers along the interstates first and that's what they seem to be doing. I'd have to most certainly say that there should be a Supercharger on I-29 somewhere between Kansas City and the Iowa border to make it practical to use I-29. The only thing allowing us to make it with a 85 is the ChaDEmo in St. Joseph, MO. I agree eventually they should focus on state highways but I believe we are a VERY long way away from that happening.

What really matters is building Superchargers that sell cars, which means building them where it makes routes that people need before they buy a Tesla. Interstates usually provide the fastest routes, but that's not always the case. US-101 and US-287 are examples of important state highways.

• Disagree
Reactions: wcfinvader
What really matters is building Superchargers that sell cars, which means building them where it makes routes that people need before they buy a Tesla. Interstates usually provide the fastest routes, but that's not always the case. US-101 and US-287 are examples of important state highways.

US101 and US287 are US highways, not state highways.

• Love
Reactions: wcfinvader
US101 and US287 are US highways, not state highways.

Sorry, that was a stupid error. They're examples of a couple of US Numbered Highways on which Tesla has built. There's also US-95 in Nevada.

Although the point was made about state routes, it really applies to _any_ route. Tesla just needs to follow the numbers and enable people to make the trips they want to make. The major routes are usually Interstates, and completing sections of Interstates enables longer trips, so it's obviously a major priority, but Interstates and the US Numbered Highways don't go everywhere people want to go.

Groveland, CA will provide access to Yosemite for Tesla owners in the Bay Area. Major market in CA, major destination in CA. The Supercharger's on a state route.

Was just at the Lincoln supercharger location. They're pulling wire..about six guys at it. I'm thinking the wiring will be done this week. No concrete yet for the pads. I would have taken some pictures but they were looking at me funny anyway when I slowed down..:-|

• Informative
Reactions: msksus1
Was just at the Lincoln supercharger location. They're pulling wire..about six guys at it. I'm thinking the wiring will be done this week. No concrete yet for the pads. I would have taken some pictures but they were looking at me funny anyway when I slowed down..:-|
Thanks for the update. With or without pics. Much appreciated by this X driver who is hoping use it in 5 weeks!