Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wendouree (Ballarat) VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one came out of the blue!

Stockland Wendouree
Gillies St N
Wendouree VIC 3355

Six bays - -37.533764, 143.824387

Tesla announces 3 more Supercharger locations for Australia | PerformanceDrive

Work on another Supercharger is also set to begin soon in Wendouree shopping centre helping to connect Melbourne and Adelaide. The location, near Ballarat, will help users make the trip between the two capital cities in the near future.

Tesla's Aussie Supercharger Network (Soon) Stretches To Brisbane

A third new Supercharger station has also broken ground with construction beginning shortly on a six-bay installation in Wendouree near Ballarat, connecting Melbourne and Adelaide. The completion of all three will mean, as long as it have the time for an extended road trip and to charge your Tesla for 90-odd minutes half a dozen times along the way, you could drive from Brisbane to Adelaide for free.

It's Superchuq of the Supercharger patrol, you're dealing with a force not seen in this country before Baillies! ( well not mainland Australia anyway, Tasmania maybe.

Haha, I had actually been checking the Horsham and Ballarat councils for DAs, but as we've found with the east coast ones, not all SCs need a development approval!

Since I don't own a Tesla yet, and I can't even drive to SCs, so I'm limited to looking virtually for them!

Since it's at a shopping centre it would be good if they built it in a more ICE-resistant configuration (such as chargers at the back of the stall so worst case you can prop behind the ICE-er and still plug in). From recent builds I've seen that doesn't appear likely but this is also the first site in such a location in Oz I think?

Hopefully they'll at least not put them in prime positions in the car park and just invite them to be ICE-ed.

Did my home/Euroa/home test run today. Awesome day for it, 28 to 32 degrees, no wind - pretty much ideal conditions. The cars navigation wanted me to go into Melbourne and then back out for a 3h 300km trip getting me there with just 12% remaining. Instead I did the route through Daylesford, Tylden, Woodend, Lancefield, Kilmore and Broadford. Much more direct and a hugely more scenic and interesting drive (i.e. twisty and turny ;)) with lots of interesting towns to stop in and explore along the way. Much shorter at ~240km and if driven without stopping still gets you to Euroa in 3h.

I charged my 75D to 90% at home and got to Euroa with 29% with a total consumption of 40.4kWh (4kWh of that was getting from my home to Stockland so 36.4kWh for the Wendouree to Euroa leg) at an average of 164Wh/Km (-200m elevation). Total distance 246Km (as mentioned that includes home to Wendouree).

For the return I supercharged at Euroa to 90% again and got to Stockland Wendouree consuming 40.1kWh with an average usage of 171Wh/Km (+200m elevation). Total distance was 234Km (took a slightly different route back - went via Denver on the way to Euroa but via Lyonville and Musk on the way back).

You will definitely be able to bypass Melbourne from Euroa in any Tesla with more than 40kWh if you're heading to Adelaide, unless the weather is so bad you're consuming almost 2x typical :)