TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Wendouree (Ballarat) VIC

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Chuq, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Chuq

Chuq Member

This one came out of the blue!

Stockland Wendouree
    Gillies St N
    Wendouree VIC 3355

Six bays - -37.533764, 143.824387

Tesla announces 3 more Supercharger locations for Australia | PerformanceDrive

Tesla's Aussie Supercharger Network (Soon) Stretches To Brisbane

• Like x 3
  2. baillies

baillies Member

Can anyone confirm this report of a new supercharger on the way to Adelaide? Also how could this get past the supercharger sleuth Chuq???

Tesla's Aussie Supercharger Network (Soon) Stretches To Brisbane

Could also be wrong as "Motto Farm in Heatherbrae and Macadamia Castle in Knockrow, both in Queensland" are not in QLD but on the route from Sydney to Brisbane in NSW.

3. baillies

baillies Member

Snap you beat me by a few minutes!

4. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

It's Superchuq of the Supercharger patrol, you're dealing with a force not seen in this country before Baillies! ( well not mainland Australia anyway, Tasmania maybe.

• Funny x 2
  5. baillies

baillies Member

So Stockland Traralgon and Bathurst would also be good options for expanding the network around the two largest markets for Tesla.

6. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Straight to sticky for this one @meloccom :)

• Like x 1
  7. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

#7 LGGD, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    And what a great location. Heaps of facilities there.

• Like x 2
  8. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Also interesting that Euroa to Wendouree is 215km so if going from Sydney/Canberra to Adelaide you can at least skip Melbourne.

• Informative x 1
  9. Chuq

Chuq Member

LOL.. I refreshed straight after posting to make sure I hadn't doubled up! I emailed supercharge.info and then went straight to deal with putting kids to bed... hadn't seen yours until now!

10. Chuq

Chuq Member

Haha, I had actually been checking the Horsham and Ballarat councils for DAs, but as we've found with the east coast ones, not all SCs need a development approval!

Since I don't own a Tesla yet, and I can't even drive to SCs, so I'm limited to looking virtually for them!

11. Brian May

Brian May Member

While something closer to inner Traralgon would be nice, Traralgon already has Gippsland Solar's chargers which has had good reports. So I would suggest Sale might be better - for now anyway.

12. lennier

lennier Member

Any locals scoped out the Wendouree site to see if there's anything visible?

13. AjTechs

AjTechs New Member

Local Ballarat tesla enthusiast here I shall scope it out today

• Like x 6
  14. lennier

lennier Member

Since it's at a shopping centre it would be good if they built it in a more ICE-resistant configuration (such as chargers at the back of the stall so worst case you can prop behind the ICE-er and still plug in). From recent builds I've seen that doesn't appear likely but this is also the first site in such a location in Oz I think?

Hopefully they'll at least not put them in prime positions in the car park and just invite them to be ICE-ed.

15. alexeiw123

alexeiw123 Member

great first post.

16. AjTechs

AjTechs New Member

Thank you very much didn't think tesla would end up being this local haha

I went for a walk around the car park today and couldn't see anything at this point in time.

• Informative x 2
  17. srwx

srwx Member

I'll be sure and take mine for a spin around Stockland as often as possible between now and completion :)

• Funny x 2
  18. Chuq

Chuq Member

• Like x 1
  19. srwx

srwx Member

I've been planning on doing a Ballarat/Euroa/Ballarat test run just for my own knowledge that I can head to Sydney without having to go via the Melbourne supercharger (which is a bit of a detour) - now I'm more incentivised to try the trip... actually tomorrow's weather is looking good :)

• Like x 1
  20. srwx

srwx Member

Did my home/Euroa/home test run today. Awesome day for it, 28 to 32 degrees, no wind - pretty much ideal conditions. The cars navigation wanted me to go into Melbourne and then back out for a 3h 300km trip getting me there with just 12% remaining. Instead I did the route through Daylesford, Tylden, Woodend, Lancefield, Kilmore and Broadford. Much more direct and a hugely more scenic and interesting drive (i.e. twisty and turny ;)) with lots of interesting towns to stop in and explore along the way. Much shorter at ~240km and if driven without stopping still gets you to Euroa in 3h.

I charged my 75D to 90% at home and got to Euroa with 29% with a total consumption of 40.4kWh (4kWh of that was getting from my home to Stockland so 36.4kWh for the Wendouree to Euroa leg) at an average of 164Wh/Km (-200m elevation). Total distance 246Km (as mentioned that includes home to Wendouree).

For the return I supercharged at Euroa to 90% again and got to Stockland Wendouree consuming 40.1kWh with an average usage of 171Wh/Km (+200m elevation). Total distance was 234Km (took a slightly different route back - went via Denver on the way to Euroa but via Lyonville and Musk on the way back).

You will definitely be able to bypass Melbourne from Euroa in any Tesla with more than 40kWh if you're heading to Adelaide, unless the weather is so bad you're consuming almost 2x typical :)

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 4