Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like green snake has to be deployed in case there is a fuel spill of electrons.
I also find it amusing how the word Tesla is covered on the pedestals... first time I've seen that. Seems like it wouldn't do much to reduce interest from the curious once the location has been spotted, but for a location not yet discovered it might help to reduce the chance of a Tesla owner/fan hearing about it from someone else who happens to see it.

Of all the Superchargers I have ever visited, this one is the easiest, possibly closest to a major highway (68). Given it is not within a decent size shopping mall as has been the trend but accessibility and ease of getting back on the highway IMO is more important. Sheetz will definitely see a noticeable improvement in non-gas sales.:):) It will be fun to watch the outgoing technology and future technology fueling :oops:o_O at the same site. Way to go Sheetz.

Last edited:
Of all the Superchargers I have ever visited, this one is the easiest, possibly closest to a major highway (68). Given it is not within a decent size shopping mall as has been the trend but accessibility and ease of getting back on the highway IMO is more important. Sheetz will definitely see a noticeable improvement in non-gas sales.:):) It will be fun to watch the outgoing technology and future technology fueling :oops:o_O at the same site. Way to go Sheetz.

Hooray for Sheetz, Wawa and the other mid-Atlantic regional convenience store chains that are hosting Tesla Superchargers. Smart move!

Did you happen to go by the Sheetz in LaVale, MD that is also under construction? Supercharger - La Vale, MD

Hooray for Sheetz, Wawa and the other mid-Atlantic regional convenience store chains that are hosting Tesla Superchargers. Smart move!

Did you happen to go by the Sheetz in LaVale, MD that is also under construction? Supercharger - La Vale, MD

Glad to see that you are following this thread. Thank you for providing the link, I will most definitely stop in La Vale on my next trip to WV.
Still reminisce about @TeslaRoadTrip 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanny
Hello TMC gurus. I stopped by to check out the construction, and happened upon the installers. They were good dudes to give me a couple of minutes to fill me in. Targeted completion date remains a state secret. Eight bays as you can see. And no, that is not coal in the background. Blacktop, apparently.
Chuck

DE9wJyzWAAAbe8x.jpg

DE9wJy2XkAALd7Z.jpg

Thanks for the progress pics, Country Road.

WHY is it that so many supercharger installs leave NO room behind the vehicle for a bike rack or even a ski/snowboard rack let alone a small trailer? They tend to install the posts for the parking signs *right* at the edge of the parking curb or at best inline with the supercharger. This typically doesn't allow room for a vehicle with 2 or more bikes on the back to charge.

On a recent trip across the US, I noticed that several locations have the parking signs about 1 foot farther back than the supercharger which should provide enough room. Some locations even have front-in spots which completely resolve the issue. A few of these are not new installations either such as Pendleton, OR (May 2015) or Boise, ID (August 2015).

Tesla Superchargers with bike rack room_1.jpg
Tesla Superchargers with bike rack room_2.jpg

Reactions: Country Roads
I actually submitted it to Tesla as a good site location when they were accepting them on their website, so I'll happily pretend that I'm responsible for it, and they totally weren't planning on building one there anyhow. It's just a mile from the interchange with I79, so they really couldn't have done better.

If someone's energetic, they can walk down the hill from the charger to a Walmart, Denny's, and Mexican restaurant. The road really isn't designed for pedestrian traffic, but I see people doing it periodically anyhow.

Reactions: ABVA
Spoke to the Lieutenant from the fire marshal's office yesterday and a neighborhood get together. He indicated his office has not yet been asked to schedule an inspection seeking a final approval. He indicated that they advise project managers to request these two weeks in advance to ensure a timely review. That in mind, I'd say we're looking at another month or more before we're even close to going live.