Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oshkosh, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_9521.JPG
ICEd -- Not the most ideal location for a Supercharger
IMG_9520.JPG
IMG_9519.JPG

Nice photos of ICEing but as mentioned above, take a photo of the signage. In some Superchargers some of the spots show 30 minute limit of general parking, others for Vehicle charging. If needed, talk to mall management/security or call Tesla. Not good if all the spots are ICEed and a Tesla on a road trip is unable to charge. Thanks.

Maybe mall security can place orange cones out at each of the Supercharger spaces. Then it will be up to the Tesla drivers to move them, then replace them after charging.

One of these days I want to take the road trip in Late July to visit lovely Oshkosh for a couple of weeks....

Reactions: Calimenti
I mentioned this up-thread but this parking lot is always a zoo so ICEing will be a frequent occurrence. Of course, this is only exasperated during Christmas.

I think Tesla will need to be a little be a bit more aggressive with their signage / painting of the asphalt to help with this.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the signs, but didn't think to since I was just passing by while traveling. I did have to wait about 10 min for one of the ICE owners to come back. It was on older couple, but did politely explain that these were our only "gas station" within a 50-100 mile radius.

Unfortunately, I think its just a matter of people not realizing that fact, and just assume its for local residents to charge up while they're getting groceries. Given that fact and that the grocery store was very busy (cars were constantly swarming, trying to find a parking spot), I can see why the locals park in these spots if open.

Since I'm not from there, I have no idea if the busy day was due to the holiday, or was a typical weekend. If there latter, this is poor planning by Tesla to choose that location. In that case, the only way I could see deterring this behavior is putting up the cones as someone suggested, or signs that threaten to be towed.

I'm hoping to drive up for the EAA Airventure this July. It would be nice if a local owner could work with management to cone off these spots for Tesla owners the week of the airshow so that there is no ICEing. 6 stalls probably will result in lines even if there is no ICEing.

Anyone local want to lead that charge?

• Love
Next time I am down there I can inquired but even though it is close I don't get there often. Maybe a better tactic would be a polite volume of folks emailing management having trouble finding email address for this store though.

Half an hour north at Bubolz Nature center outside Appleton there is a lot of solar and I think 4 Tesla destination chargers at I believe 80amps and 2 Clipper Creek. There are a handful of standard chargers at dealerships around the area.

(920) 966-3378 is the phone number that Google shows. It may be best to stop by and talk to management to give them a heads up and then stop by a week before to make sure that they are still tracking.

I know it would be a HUGE benefit to the Tesla community to have all 6 spots available for use during the whole week. I can imagine dozens to hundreds of Teslas in the area for such a big event.

I’m hoping on stopping there on my way to door county for the weekend of the 4th of July. A bit nervous about getting ICEd with the whole family in tow. Can’t imagine Friday nights are a big grocery night...right?

Next Friday at the time you expect to arrive at this SC go out to your car's NAV and enter your trip with charging showing on the map. Select this SC and see it's status of availability. This will let you know if spots are available.

Then call the grocery store near by and ask if they can look out at the Supercharger to see how many of the charging spots are open. If you ask nicely I am sure they will be happy to help. If not, then ask them how full the parking lot is. If lots of parking available then the ICEing vehicles will probably be parked as close to the store as possible and leave the Tesla spots open. jmho

I'm going to give Festival Foods a call sometime this week just to see if they have cones. I'll call again the weekend prior to the air show to confirm if they can help us out.

Graffi, if you have time, maybe you can go check all 6 stalls to make sure everything is in working order so there are no bottlenecks. The aviation community and Tesla owners are a similar pool of people so I'm betting there will be over 100 Teslas in the area for this week.