Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oshkosh, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to deal with this yesterday while driving from Chicago to Sayner, WI in my Model 3 :rolleyes:

IMG_7749.JPG

I just called and spoke with Jason, a shift manager to explain the situation with the air show and increased demand. He didn't offer any concrete solution such as putting cones in spots, but he did seem like he would try to figure something out. He took my name and number. I'll call back the weekend beforehand to see if it's still something they can help with.

If ICEing becomes a problem, we may just have to deal with management in person when it happens to come up with a solution.

Update: I just spoke to Parker, a manager at Festival Foods, and he said they'd try to make sure to police the spots for the duration of the Air Show either with cones or by having their cart runners help police the spots. That's about the most that I think we could expect from them so I'll consider it a win for us. Hopefully the Supercharger is sufficient for everybody.

No trouble when I stopped by at about 9:00 tonight to buy some sunscreen and top off the battery. The parking lot wasn’t full at all, no ICE vehicles blocking the Superchargers. With me, only 2 stalls in use. When I came back after 10 minutes, the X had left, so just me by my lonesome self.

Hope it stays like that through the whole event.

How many are in town for this?
If someone is looking for a relaxing walk during down hours on the north end of Appleton Bubolz Nature center has destination chargers and a 200kw solar grid, nice nature trails. There is a donation box for trail use.

I got 72amp at 203volts last time I used it.

I will likely be there wednesday in the S.

Was planning to fly, but waiting on a part which failed last week. Also, aircraft camping seems to be saturated. It will probably open up by wed or Thur, but I'm thinking I'll just drive.

Last time I brought the Tesla, about two years ago, the Nissan dealer across 41 from the airport let me park on their level 2 charger all day.

Friday after the airshow - all 6 stalls in use (4 Model S and 2 Model 3) and one (Model S) waiting in line. I arrived with a single S charging, went in to buy some beer, came back out to the station being full. The guy waiting only had to wait a couple minutes for someone to leave.

Oddly enough, the Model S that was waiting was just passing through to somewhere further North. They didn’t know anything about AirVenture and were confused why the station was full when every other station was idle or had a single other car charging.

Seeing the line of Tesla’s there, some guys from PS Engineering (avionics manufacturer) in an ICE rental asked, “Do you know where the new Tesla charging station is?” I invited them to park their car and check out the Model 3. We chatted for maybe 10 minutes before heading on our separate ways.

Even when being stressed with something like AirVenture, the Supercharger Network is pretty resilient.
90757CA5-65A9-4836-B230-DA70A43A281E.jpeg

Reactions: Graffi
It was full again today after the airshow (I stopped by for another beer run but didn’t charge), and, as it was yesterday, the turnover was very quick. The one vehicle waiting only had to wait a few minutes. Next year, when even more Model 3 are on the road, I’ll probably stop by in the morning instead of right after the airshow. That or finally finish my RV-8A project so I can Rock My Wings and Land on the Blue Dot to arrive in true Oshkosh style!

• Love
Reactions: ratsbew and Graffi
Well...it's that time of the year again. Hopefully Oshkosh's little 6 stall station can keep up with AirVenture 2019. There are more than twice as many Teslas on the road compared to last year and the pilot demographic has a disproportionately high Tesla ownership.

Hopefully the new 150kW charging curve will help reduce congestion.

My personal plan is to charge in the early morning before the gates open.

EAA is a very particular case. This supercharger is 30minutes from home and rarely have I seen 2 cars there. Full will happen during EAA because it is an event that ends at a particular time and draws a lot of additional traffic to the area.

Just roll with it.
It's not really a special case though. There are events like this all over the country, sometimes in rural areas and sometimes there is one key supercharger. This is a recurring theme for anyone who has any experience with travel by supercharger.