Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockaway NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why my post about postponing the ribbon cutting got a Dislike but there is not much point to having a grand opening if it isn't working yet. Looking at the 10 day weather it looks like the following weekend (2/16-17) will be good, so let's see if it goes live next week.

Possibly a dislike that you had to cancel, but just in case i threw a like in there to offset cause i think its great what you are doing! I when date/time decided I will try to make it.

Cutting an expensive ribbon in half and then tossing it into landfill is not just sustainable!
You haven't been to any of my events - I get chided regularly for taping the ribbon back together and reusing at the next event.
I don't believe I've lost one to a landfill yet - probably around two dozen events.
No harm in thinking out of the box.

I stopped there this afternoon also. No one was working on anything. No labels on the stalls and the meter isn’t lit up ... oh well, now we wait. Put my wall-connector up last weekend, so I’m good either way ...
You mention the wall connector install... Who’d you use for an electrician for the circuit, if I might ask? I’m down in Morristown and could use a recommendation.

Waiting on the power company

Attachments

• 3EC96C5C-49D5-41DF-B97B-46B1E457E979.jpeg
    3EC96C5C-49D5-41DF-B97B-46B1E457E979.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 81
doesn't seem that crazy to me.

transformer installed on 1/17
meter installed on 1/30

so…two weeks since meter has been installed? yes some sites go online just a few days later, but we have no idea how complicated the electrical hookup here is and how backlogged JCP&L are (the fact that the theater needed to shut down just to turn this on should tell you already that this is more involved than a "vanilla" SC install). we also have no idea how competent the contractors installing this were and whether there are potential problems with the installation that need to be rectified before power is supplied.

Kearny is now open and should be good for those coming from points east. It's also just 30 miles away.

we also have no idea how competent the contractors installing this were and whether there are potential problems with the installation that need to be rectified before power is supplied.

That's a really good point. I stopped by a couple weeks ago while a guy was working on the 2 new light posts. I asked him, not knowing that's what he was doing, when everything would be live. He said that they found a few issues with the lightning's electrical. And that's something that seems 100x simpler than installing a supercharger site...

I'll be in that area on Wednesday to have a look. I'll report back here then.

In the meantime, check out my latest video and let me know if you want one at the unofficial opening gtg.

That's a really good point. I stopped by a couple weeks ago while a guy was working on the 2 new light posts. I asked him, not knowing that's what he was doing, when everything would be live. He said that they found a few issues with the lightning's electrical. And that's something that seems 100x simpler than installing a supercharger site...

I'll be in that area on Wednesday to have a look. I'll report back here then.

In the meantime, check out my latest video and let me know if you want one at the unofficial opening gtg.

Any chance you can post the holder up on Thingiverse so we all benifit.

Any chance you can post the holder up on Thingiverse so we all benifit.
It looks very much like the one that was originally designed by @jonco223: Tesla charger adapter holder for Model 3 trunk by jonco223

Apparently, newer Model 3s don'tt have the push pin in the trunk there. But the bracket that it would mount to is still there behind the trunk liner. So, with a little razor work and an extra push-pin you can still mount the holder there. On the thingiverse page above, there's a linked video showing how to do this if you need.

Last edited: