Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a rough before-and-after pic.
Let me know if you have any requests.
BeforeAndAfter.jpg

I was close to this area today so I swung by and got a few pictures for the forum. I'm pretty sure I saw the foreman (only person wearing a Tesla hard hat and vest) but he was on the phone and I did not want to disturb him. Judging from the other photos I have seen in this thread they are making a lot of progress, hopefully these will be available soon.
View attachment 430315 View attachment 430316 View attachment 430317 View attachment 430318 View attachment 430319
Five or six cabinets? Would you take close up pictures of the tags.

Stopped by the I10 site today and they are going at it. How could we put the bug in Teslas' ear and tell them the empty location for lease right next to the SC site would be perfect for a lounge, coffee, Tesla store, etc just like the big boys in Cali. They could even move the Gallery from La Cantera to here. This would probably help prevent the SCs' being iced during heavier shopping periods.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TDjcDQAPFugr6eMz9

20190711_132822.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: StoicKiwi and CarlS
Stopped by the I10 site today and they are going at it. How could we put the bug in Teslas' ear and tell them the empty location for lease right next to the SC site would be perfect for a lounge, coffee, Tesla store, etc just like the big boys in Cali. They could even move the Gallery from La Cantera to here. This would probably help prevent the SCs' being iced during heavier shopping periods.

It would be nice but they only do that for their very large high traffic supercharging stations. And with this only having 10 stalls I doubt Tesla would do something like that here.

It's almost surreal this is finally happening. My wife may be headed down there around Labor day weekend. I doubt it will be ready by then, but her next trip could be late October and that seems doable. Up until now she has alternated between her gas car and the Tesla (charging at San Marcus). The latter is OK, BUT she often ends up away from charging spots while down there and that limits car use while there - this charger would go a long way toward eliminating any concerns in that area. Of course so would the fabled Boerne location where her sister actually lives!!!

Reactions: plumazul
It's almost surreal this is finally happening. My wife may be headed down there around Labor day weekend. I doubt it will be ready by then, but her next trip could be late October and that seems doable. Up until now she has alternated between her gas car and the Tesla (charging at San Marcus). The latter is OK, BUT she often ends up away from charging spots while down there and that limits car use while there - this charger would go a long way toward eliminating any concerns in that area. Of course so would the fabled Boerne location where her sister actually lives!!!
With this so far on the West side of the city doesn’t it put Boerne off for the foreseeable future? Those would be closer spacing than current SC spacing given the local population density

With this so far on the West side of the city doesn’t it put Boerne off for the foreseeable future? Those would be closer spacing than current SC spacing given the local population density
Yes, IMHO. I think Boerne was a willing site owner, but the timing did not work out. Not that there will not someday be a Supercharger in Boerne, but it won't be any time soon. There are quite a few sites on the map still, even though Tesla located the SC at another location/town. They don't get removed from the map very diligently.