Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Icing will be a reality until tow away laws are in place.

I even see Tesla’s parked in EV spots without charging. Those (idiots) should know better.

drivein like sonic may be better. Good advertising too.
The list of states where laws like that, including treating non-charging BEVs the same as ICE, is building. Legislation Reference - Reserved Parking for Plug-In Vehicle Charging | PlugInSites

Of all places, North Dakota now has law on this. That law is direct result of work/lobbying by a Tesla owner Dickinson.

Reactions: rafacq
Do you really think the /kWh and /min discrepancy was intentional?
Do you really think it accidentally happened and has gone unnoticed for a couple years, through numerous continent-wide price adjustments? *facepalm*

It has to happen, because you can only have them the same when the charge rate is fixed and the charge rate for a Tesla at a SC is variable. The only question is which way Tesla chooses the difference to fall.

So no, you don't math. :(

• Funny
Reactions: nwdiver
Do you really think it accidentally happened and has gone unnoticed for a couple years, through numerous continent-wide price adjustments? *facepalm*

It has to happen, because you can only have them the same when the charge rate is fixed and the charge rate for a Tesla at a SC is variable. The only question is which way Tesla chooses the difference to fall.

So no, you don't math. :(

Yes, I think the discrepancy between /min and /kWh is unintentional. Why would they intentionally charge ~2x more in some places than others?

.... you realize it's $0.28/kWh NOT $0.28/kW.... right?

Tesla is not making this choice. Where the law allows it they charge per kWh. What math are you talking about.... $0.28/kWh is $0.28/kWh... when they can charge per kWh. You're clearly confused by something.... LOL.

.... how.... how do YOU interpret this? ¿Lees bien el inglés?

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.00.34 PM.png

Last edited:
My point was that $0.28/kWh is clearly Teslas intent..... since that's what they're charging per kWh
Except they don't price it at that in most of the country (and basically not where electricity is as cheap as the number you mentioned). That's just an "average" number they threw up on the page in place of actual prices, after they moved away from per state pricing to per SC pricing.

• Funny
Yes, I think the discrepancy between /min and /kWh is unintentional.
Then you're a hopeless fool. Yes the discrepancy to happen but then you're complaining that they aren't doing it another way to make the discrepancy go away. And this imaginary 28c is all a bunch moot noise in Texas in the context of the actual discussion here, because that's not what happens.

.....and the noise you make isn't worth less than the electricity for my browser to display it. Goodbye.

• Funny
Except they don't price it at that in most of the country (and basically not where electricity is as cheap as the number you mentioned). That's just an "average" number they threw up on the page in place of actual prices, after they moved away from per state pricing to per SC pricing.

No... where they charge per kWh in the US... it's $0.28/kWh. I believe it used to be different but it was streamlined a while back; I guess that technically qualifies as an average...

Then you're a hopeless fool....and the noise you make isn't worth less than the electricity for my browser to display it. Goodbye.

LOL! No.... I'm just literate in English...

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.00.34 PM.png

If they're barred by law to charge per kWh...... why..... why would they make charging cheaper?

I have free SC. All my car shows me is $1/min idle on every SC I check. Post a screenshot of one that's not $0.28/kWh....
BWAHAHAHA

The only thing you're literate in is talking out of your butt. What a waste of time.....and I'm certainly not going to increase that waste by going out to take pictures of my car screen to post. Believe me, don't believe me, go walk into the sea; All options that are open to you.

Last edited:
BWAHAHAHA

The only thing you're literate is in talking out of your butt.

So I had a friend who's not a D-bag troll check his 3. I stand corrected. Never realized that SC rates vary if you have to pay. I recall Tesla had a state-by-state drop down that showed rates by state then it changed to this.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.38.28 PM.png

I'm sure it's super obvious and I'm just missing it. Please highlight where it says $0.28/kWh is an average ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's all the same price for me.... $0.

Last edited:
So to recap:
  • Tesla has different rates for Supercharging depending on location and what’s allowed in each state/city. - those of us on free supercharging for life aren’t as up to date on every small detail of this.
  • Texas, and all of its surrounding states (LA,AR,OK,NM), now looks exactly like it did on January 1st of this year, which is offensive to some in this message board to point out. Not sure why.
  • This Supercharger is expected to be busy from the jump as it’s in a major metro area and based on nearby locations, the population and number of charging stalls leads us to believe you’ll be in line to use this one.
  • The actual Supercharger build this message board is dedicated to, does it have a transformer on site yet?
Those nearby who have done a great job with pictures, can you take a look for a transformer this weekend if you are in the area?

Not really super obvious unless you're reading all the bullet points carefully:

View attachment 439568

In my car they are all the same :( All it says is $1/min idle... which is why I checked the website and all I saw was $0.28/kWh.... I'm ~99% sure the drop down listed every state not long ago. The fact it changed made me think they had streamlined the fees.

I already put him on mute. Clear signs he’s perpetually full of chicken nuggets, and I don’t play well with pride + ignorance combos, so best going forward I thought.

LOL! Maybe instead of trolling just provide the information that I literally didn't have access to; I is odd that they don't at least put specific pricing on their SC map page...

I am glad I learned that it's not $0.28/kWh at all locations. Good to know. Maybe try being less of a d*ck about it next time :)

Last edited:
So to recap:
  • Tesla has different rates for Supercharging depending on location and what’s allowed in each state/city. - those of us on free supercharging for life aren’t as up to date on every small detail of this.
Not an issue until talking crap and acting like you are up on the “ details” (which include basic fundamentals to the topic).
  • Texas, and all of its surrounding states (LA,AR,OK,NM), now looks exactly like it did on January 1st of this year, which is offensive to some in this message board to point out. Not sure why.
I you don’t know why you’re so wound up about the “looks the same”, as per your arbitrary “same” and time window then maybe it’s time for you to do a little self-re-evaluation?

My bad for not muting you prior, I thought you’d be embarrassed enough that you’d actually just drop this nonsense . In retrospect that was rather naive of me.

Bye.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DriverOne