Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had to charge 3-4 times this week at Qualcomm (my car and once the loaner) and every single time the place has been full.

Also, every time, a Model X limo from "Tesloop" has been there. Who or what is Tesloop? How many Teslas do they have in their fleet?
Tesloop is based in LA, and ferries people from LA to/from Las Vegas, and more recently San Diego. It's supposed to be more convenient than flying. I don't know how many cars they have.

We vacation in Solana Beach every January and have a Model 3 reservation. Reading all these posts about the lack of Supercharging and congestion in the closest one is very disheartening. Even the destination charger locations seem to be mainly in hotel guest use only sites so is concerning when it comes to using the standard range Model 3 in that area since we stay at our time share that doesn't have charging and isn't interested in adding it because of limited parking.

We vacation in Solana Beach every January and have a Model 3 reservation. Reading all these posts about the lack of Supercharging and congestion in the closest one is very disheartening. Even the destination charger locations seem to be mainly in hotel guest use only sites so is concerning when it comes to using the standard range Model 3 in that area since we stay at our time share that doesn't have charging and isn't interested in adding it because of limited parking.

Do you have a garage? Or access to any outdoor plug?

Get in touch w me next time, happy to help (next door in Del Mar).

If down in San Diego, I can see these area being a great spot

1) Corner of I15 and CA56 (around Rancho Penasquitos / Camel Mountain Ranch

2) I agree, off the I5 around LA Jolla would be a good spot. Very popular in/out traffic in that area. (I5/CA52/La Jolla Pkwy)

3) I prefer this over #2 - Around Mission Bay I5/I8.

4) Some where around Petco Park would be very popular, especially during Comic Con season.

5) They should offer 5-10 free Destination Charger to San Diego Zoo / Balboa Park. There some EV generic there, but something more specific to Tesla would help too.

6) I15/78 would be good around Escondido.

They should rip out the useless cluster of Blink chargers at liberty station and drop in stalls there. Close to the airport and the 5 , but not all the way into downtown, with plenty of food already there.

2nd choice is one of the malls in Mission Valley. Even adding more destination chargers to the parking for the Tesla store there would go a long way. At least until all the volt drivers buy JDapters and start weezing the juice.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I rolled in from Arizona at 5:15 PM on a Friday and expected a horror show based on reading this thread.. Luckily a spot was open and then 2 left which opened a bank so took the quicker charge and then tooled around town for the weekend. It was very quiet Sunday 7 AM though nothing around to even grab a coffee..

I rolled in from Arizona at 5:15 PM on a Friday and expected a horror show based on reading this thread.. Luckily a spot was open and then 2 left which opened a bank so took the quicker charge and then tooled around town for the weekend. It was very quiet Sunday 7 AM though nothing around to even grab a coffee..

I was in the area Thursday night, and got lucky and found 1 available spot. The Karl Strauss brewery is about a 10 or so minute walk, though not sure if it would be open at 7 AM, hah.

I was in the area Thursday night, and got lucky and found 1 available spot. The Karl Strauss brewery is about a 10 or so minute walk, though not sure if it would be open at 7 AM, hah.

Not quite that early, but they open for Sunday brunch at 9:45. Their brunch was pretty good last time I had it, but it's quite popular, so it might take a while to be seated if you don't have a reservation.