Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA (LIVE 5 May 2018, expanded May 2020, 14 V2 + 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by the supercharger installation late tonight and they still have technicians working on several of the open equipment cabinets. I asked when they thought it would be open and all they would say was "it's not up to us.". I'm guessing it will be at about a week or so before it is open.

Attachments

• IMG_8720 2.jpg
    IMG_8720 2.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 129
I went by the supercharger installation late tonight and they still have technicians working on several of the open equipment cabinets. I asked when they thought it would be open and all they would say was "it's not up to us.". I'm guessing it will be at about a week or so before it is open.

The utility transformer is generally the limiting factor (unless it's already there) - expect to wait a few weeks for that to be delivered, then it will need to be connected to the grid and tested by Tesla.

Thats an old Unocal gas station in the background! Remember it from my Cal Poly days. How fitting to now have such a different energy source now being dispensed from basically the same location.

I was thinking the same thing. When I was a kid we always had to stop for gas at that Union station when we were going up 101. The restrooms were a trip. Much to my mother's horror I checked out the women's room architecture once too (I was about 8). My mother was very rule bound.

The station closed before I started at Cal Poly in 1985. The property was looking pretty sad during my CP days, but I think it's now a gift shop or something. Around 2000 we stayed a couple of nights at the Madonna when we were in SLO. A lot of the rooms were threadbare then.

Reactions: mlondre
Wow!!! When we first heard this to be a SuC location, we thought "GENIUS".

We occasionally stay at the Madonna (if for no other reason - the kitschy rooms and entertainment). Rooms are a riot !! We have brought a group of friends here ( to do wine searching weekends) and they always love the big band dancing adjoining the steakhouse. The Men's room downstairs is iconic.

If just passing through, there's always a good reason to stop at the coffee shop/ ice cream parlor - mostly to grab a piece of one of those cakes they are known for. And use the pink sugar.

As far as charging - maybe if passing, but not if staying overnight. The charger location (as mentioned next to the old gas station) precludes any ICEing as the main parking lot is about 200 yds closer to the hotel/restaurant.

More shopping and eating choices across the road. Access to 101 couldn't be better.

THINK PINK !!!!

Somebody's gotta park a Pink wrapped Tesla there.

Reactions: gene
Can't have an easier off and on to 101, especially if going South. The SC's are about 25 yards from the on and off ramps.

The stop lights at the intersection on the left of the picture are the off and on ramps for 101 South bound.

Attachments

• Madonna Inn Superchargers.jpg
    Madonna Inn Superchargers.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 82