Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA (LIVE 5 May 2018, expanded May 2020, 14 V2 + 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I do it all the time! ;) My bottom line: I have had to deal with lines almost every single time I have gone to this station or Atascadero since I bought my car in 2018 and look forward to a day when I can drive this stretch and not be constantly checking the nav for how many chargers are available...

If you have always had a line every time you went there and Atascadero you must only travel on major holidays. I am at San Luis every two or three weeks and I stop at both of these stations and only did I wait in line for 10 minutes on July 5th like I mentioned before and as I was leaving there were multiple stalls open. I think you might just be really unlucky.

I do think though that demand will continue to outpace the installation of Superchargers so you might be waiting quite a long while to come to a point that we will have many more Superchargers than cars in need on large travel days. Just my two cents.

What I will agree to is the 2 V3 chargers need fixed asap and we need more V3s at Madonna I don't think anyone is denying that.

Reactions: miimura
4:30pm on a summer Wednesday

916C0C18-BFC9-46FC-A28A-0704D81152A8.jpeg

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Because I’m an optimist....

I called the Tesla number and reported the 5 (five!) darn stalls that were out the other day.

I’ve been watching this for several months now, and it’s a real problem...at this point, we’ll need the MegaPack just to satisfy local users...

...but I’m an optimist, like I said...

Because I’m an optimist....

I called the Tesla number and reported the 5 (five!) darn stalls that were out the other day.

I’ve been watching this for several months now, and it’s a real problem...at this point, we’ll need the MegaPack just to satisfy local users...

...but I’m an optimist, like I said...

An update from today...all of the V3 are now dead, but at least someone put cones out on some of the dead stalls.

Hoping for the Megapack over Labor Day....

An update from today...all of the V3 are now dead, but at least someone put cones out on some of the dead stalls.

Hoping for the Megapack over Labor Day....

I charged here on Saturday mid-morning, and there were still several stalls available (not counting the broken ones), no waiting. I was expecting a wait with the holiday weekend, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think that Pismo Beach and Paso Robles have both helped to relieve the pressure here and at Atascadero.

Yeah although I won't miss the long hike from the chargers to said waterfall... when you've been driving 4 hours and really gotta go, it feels like miles....:)

For practical purposes, just park your car at the front so you can use the restroom before plugging in. I think we've all had that feeling of regret and miscalculation of how badly we've needed to go.

I typically drop my party off at the restaurant/bar, park at the stall, then jog to the Madonna (takes about a minute when I'm out of shape), but I can see how it can be a nuisance in the rain or something. Fortunately for me, I've been to this location 4 times and have never seen it more than 25% utilized...I know it's a disaster on pretty much any given 3 day weekend or holiday, but the SuC around the area seems to have alleviated those crazy lines. I have no interest in dealing with long lines at the SuC, congested highway, higher lodging rates, and full restaurants so I stay local on those weekends.

I charged here on Saturday mid-morning, and there were still several stalls available (not counting the broken ones), no waiting. I was expecting a wait with the holiday weekend, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think that Pismo Beach and Paso Robles have both helped to relieve the pressure here and at Atascadero.
Any updates on if the V3 were ever fixed?

Reactions: goldengate