Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scottsdale, AZ - N. Scottsdale Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what I was wondering is if that was happening. It, as you know, are two separate topics. It confused me too!
Huh?

The OP was asking about slow charging at Gainey Ranch. To which my reply directly addressed. No questions from me. But I got the feeling folks are confusing the destination chargers at Gainey Ranch vs the Supercharger at Scottsdale Quarter.

Last edited:
Could someone give me the exact coordinates of these chargers? I went by looking for them and couldn't locate them. Is there more than one parking structure? Maybe daylight would help, but I'm not from the Phoenix area and don't get to Scottsdale very often to search in the daylight.

From supercharge.info 33.623139, -111.922451
This is a parking garage on the east side of the Scottsdale Quarter the streets are 73rd St ( not PL) and Butherus Dr. Hopefully that will get you into the garage. Please report back when you find it.

Yeah, I didn't pick up on that at first since I don't know the area, but @SkooterG noticed what was going on. @Naomi was concerned about not getting 120kW charging speed in Gainey Ranch. That is confusion about the types of charging resources because there is no Supercharger in Gainey Ranch, so there is nothing that can provide 120kW there.

Used this SpC twice while in the area for a golf trip this past President's Day weekend. First time was Saturday night and amazingly there were 6 spots open during prime dinner time. That said, one spot was occupied by a Model X with nobody in it that wasn't plugged in. Totally uncool move, even with a few open spots available.

Stopped back on Monday afternoon (President's Day) around 1pm after playing a round up at Quintana in Peoria and 15/16 spots were taken. Glad there wasn't anybody in a spot and not charging this time.

Used this SpC twice while in the area for a golf trip this past President's Day weekend. First time was Saturday night and amazingly there were 6 spots open during prime dinner time. That said, one spot was occupied by a Model X with nobody in it that wasn't plugged in. Totally uncool move, even with a few open spots available.

Stopped back on Monday afternoon (President's Day) around 1pm after playing a round up at Quintana in Peoria and 15/16 spots were taken. Glad there wasn't anybody in a spot and not charging this time.
Plug it in for them and maybe they will get an idle charge. (-;

PXL_20220409_203302516.jpg

Looks like there were two new controllers installed on these chargers. 4 cabinets are hooked up to each controller. There aren't any labels on the outsides of them.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce
Looks like these 16 72kW plugs have been upgraded to 150 kW? I swear I remember these all being 72, but now on the Tesla website they are being shown as 150kW!?!? can anyone verify they are gtting over 72kW there now? do you think all 72kW will be upgraded? a half mile away, they are still being shown as 72kW. Has anyone ever seen 150kW superchargers get upgraded to 250kW?
1709409221440.png

Reactions: tmoz
Nav in my car still shows the usual 72 kW for urban Supercharger pedestals at Scottsdale, AZ - N. Scottsdale Road:

Scottsdale - N Scottsdale Rd Supercharger.jpg

There are an absurd number of Supercharger Stations in Scottsdale and vicinity, compared to most places I visit, so It hardly seems to matter if that old one stays at 72 kW.

In answer to the question "Has anyone ever seen 150kW superchargers get upgraded to 250kW?", the only two I frequent are Gallup and Holbrook. Both were old four stall stations from the original 2014 transcontinental route that were getting long lines at times, due to being critical nodes on I-40. Each had a four V3 stalls added to the existing V2 stalls. Helped a lot but many drivers can't tell the difference and charge on the slow V2 stalls without realizing it. If they seem approachable, I explain how to tell the difference and they sometimes move their cars right away! Usually Tesla just opens new sites with V3s but those two got the V3 expansion right in line with the older stalls.

Reactions: desertrunner
Nav in my car still shows the usual 72 kW for urban Supercharger pedestals at Scottsdale, AZ - N. Scottsdale Road:

There are an absurd number of Supercharger Stations in Scottsdale and vicinity, compared to most places I visit, so It hardly seems to matter if that old one stays at 72 kW.

In answer to the question "Has anyone ever seen 150kW superchargers get upgraded to 250kW?", the only two I frequent are Gallup and Holbrook. Both were old four stall stations from the original 2014 transcontinental route that were getting long lines at times, due to being critical nodes on I-40. Each had a four V3 stalls added to the existing V2 stalls. Helped a lot but many drivers can't tell the difference and charge on the slow V2 stalls without realizing it. If they seem approachable, I explain how to tell the difference and they sometimes move their cars right away! Usually Tesla just opens new sites with V3s but those two got the V3 expansion right in line with the older stalls.
Tesla’s web site does indeed indicate an upgrade from Urban to V3! We need someone to swing by and snap some pics to confirm exactly what Tesla did. (Maybe they just added 4 V3 stalls to the existing Urbans?)
Limon CO and Trinidad CO have both added V3 stalls to their older V2s. And Merrillville IN is adding on with V3s too.

Thanks for your responses. I just stopped by this supercharger location. It looked like 16 identical urban stations to me. Unfortunately one was missing a cover, not sure if it even worked...so the website looks like it is in error saying "up to 150 kW", and the Nav in the car saying "72kW" is accurate. How does this error get made? Is Tesla about to upgrade all of these to 150kW, and they just got ahead of themselves in the website? Thinking about it now, I stupidly didn't attempt to charge, is there any way these suddenly go up to 150kW?
1709769367166.png