Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger speed: 116kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
116kW would produce an instantaneous charging rate of 459 mph. Given the reported number is an average and there's at least a short ramp up time, it should be possible to see above 455 mph.

My recent experience showed a max charge rate of 117kw reached for a few minutes but by 15 minutes in it was already tapering slightly when I terminated the charging session and after the 15 minute charge it showed 465 mi/hr +106 mi added although by the time I parked 5 minutes later it showed 3 more miles added for a total of 109 added in 15 minutes, I was really impressed by that.

io47tCJ5TeG1uuV9hN6lyQ.jpg

Reactions: Falkirk and Zoomit
I'm more asking as to whether you observed the charge rate at 6% and during the rampup to 116kW. I'm trying to fill in the Model 3 charging performance at low SoCs, but I can't just add guesses as datapoints :)

My charge starting at 8% (26 miles range showing) At first the charge rate was somewhere in the mid 50's and being new to this I thought I had a dud charger but by the 5 min mark it ramped to 117kw and started to taper slightly after 11 min in ( +75 mi ) but even at 15 min into the charge it still was at 114kw and had added 106 mi, I terminated the charge because I had more range than I needed, I hope this helps a little?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by "average of the session". can you elaborate? An example might be helpful

I may be missing out on some folks having fun here, but to use a car-analogy it is possible to drive your car at a(n average) speed of e.g. 60 miles per hour, without driving for an entire hour. If you were to drive with a speed of for example 60 miles per hour for 15 minutes, you would cover a distance of 15 miles while maintaining that speed. With a speed limit of 20 miles per hour, you could likely get a speeding ticket while driving 60 miles per hour, even if you did it for just a minute. People who know about a math topic called differentiation are able to think of a speed such as 60 miles per hour, even if it is maintained for an infinitely short span of time.

The same logic applies when the charging power is stated as a speed, e.g. 500 miles per hour, for e.g. 15 minutes.

Reactions: Rocky_H and GSP
Does someone have a Supercharging curve for other starting %s, say 25%, 50% and 75%?
It's all the same curve, just where you start and end changes. Use the graph @Zoomit posted above. To go from 50 to 200RM, it takes ~22min. 200 to 300 takes ~35 min. You don't need "start at 50RM" and "start at 200RM" curves, just find your current state of charge and desired endpoint and find the diff in the minutes value on the x axis.

Reactions: Zoomit
Wow. This sucker charges fast. First time Supercharging (other than a 10 minute try to make sure it worked), and I hit 474mph @ 112kW. Saw as high as 118kW but at that point it was only doing 437mi/hi because it was a few mins after I plugged in and the battery was at 55mi range. I didn't watch it obsessively, just checked a few times and the rate kept going up so I kept taking new screenshots.

It was funny, car wanted me to supercharge for 25 minutes (so that I'd arrive home with >20% battery, I get it ,even though I was starting from 14%)... but by the time I plugged the car in, walked around to the passenger side, opened the door and collected my belongings and looked at the screen it had ALREADY added 10 miles of range. Within maybe a minute or two. Jeez.

Instead of having a nice leisurely time to enjoy a coffee I had to rush to sbux, find a bathroom, rush back to the car.. and it charged WAY more than I was expecting.