Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Hartford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a shame ICE owners don't understand that by blocking a Tesla SC, they may be in effect, stranding a Tesla owner who might need those kW's to get home. They wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak!
I agree that the model S owners have paid, up front, for the SC network, and to see our SC network ICE'd, well,,,,, TESLA should have a hand in settling this.

It's a shame ICE owners don't understand that by blocking a Tesla SC, they may be in effect, stranding a Tesla owner who might need those kW's to get home. They wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak!
I agree that the model S owners have paid, up front, for the SC network, and to see our SC network ICE'd, well,,,,, TESLA should have a hand in settling this.

I EV-d a gas station today while i ran in to get a Mountain Dew :)

Reactions: Snow Drift
No ICE at W Hartford today at lunch time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 272
I was there again around 3pm today - all alone. No ICE. One other Tesla came while I was there, and was there when I left.

Stopped in both coming and going on my 1300 mile road trip (DC to Portland, ME) last weekend and this was by far my favorite SC spot: plenty of spaces, fast charge, and everything I could possibly need (hello Chipotle!!) within a safe, easy walk from the car. What's not to love? If every SC spot was like this (looking at you, Auburn, Mass) roadtripping from SC to SC would be a pure joy. As it is it's about 97% joy, but I think they're working on that pesky last 3%.

@Ride Long

Backing in is tough during high shopping/dining times.
In the winter with snowbanks customers ICE these spots.
No bathroom after hours.
Not easy on/off from the highway...
I digress.

Auburn at least has a historic train station within sight and
two rockets in Robert Goddard Park within walking distance!

@Ride Long

Backing in is tough during high shopping/dining times.
In the winter with snowbanks customers ICE these spots.
No bathroom after hours.
Not easy on/off from the highway...
I digress.

Auburn at least has a historic train station within sight and
two rockets in Robert Goddard Park within walking distance!

All valid points that thankfully did not affect me (this time). Middle of the day, center was relatively quiet. I did not find the on/off the highway difficult at all, but of course YMMV. As for Auburn: I cannot eat or drink a historic train station, so I'm still giving W Hartford the nod on that one!

Odd tidbit noted today: (No Model S yet, hoping for 2017 Model 3)
Planning a virtual trip to CT from Maine and noted Plugshare does not have West Hartford site on Plugshare?!
I suppose Model S owners simply do not use Plugshare but found this odd.

Tom

Planning a virtual trip to CT from Maine and noted Plugshare does not have West Hartford site on Plugshare?!

Tom

It shows up for me if you check High Power Stations.
Was using PlugShare this evening planning out charging options on the Mt. Washington trip this weekend.
(http://www.meetup.com/New-England-Tesla-Motors-Club/events/220039802/)

Nothing odd about it. There is no reason to use Plugshare for superchargers. The superchargers are on Tesla's web site and in the car navigation system. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of casual Tesla owners (meaning those who don't frequent TMC or EV sites) have never even heard of Plugshare.

A little birdie told me that the second West Hartford Supercharger will be located at the new Delamar Hotel in Blue Black Square. Can anyone confirm this?? If true, it is a great location. The Delamar is known for being "Tesla friendly" and they offer destination chargers at their other locations. Plenty of shops and great restaurants at Blue Black Square too.

We made our 3rd stop over 2 years at this SC yesterday. The first time I was there I followed the navigation coming off of I84 WB, it suggests a left turn over a curb so I ended up doing a u turn in the residential neighborhood past the SC. Of course I knew better on subsequent visits and turned earlier into the mall at the light but it's frustrating to see that the nav is still screwed up and there's no way I know of to suggest an edit. It's a minor annoyance, but still...

• Helpful
Reactions: Nikxice and chjch
Not sure if this Supercharger is down throttled because it sits across the street from a mall, but charging kW is lower than any I have charged at. I have a 75 pack and customarily peak in the low 90s at a low state of charge and taper down gradually from there, but here 60s is the best I can do, regardless of my state of charge. This is the second time I’ve charged here. Today, there was nobody else charging so I tried 3 of the four pairs with identical results. The last time it was crowded and although I wasn’t sharing, I couldn’t move around to check. Doesn’t seem to be any defect, just slow. The only upside to the slow charge is that you can take your time shopping. Not an ideal stop if you’re looking to get in and out, however.