Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that Henrietta is done, waiting for Clayton, NM SC!

038762D3-8187-4431-AD87-E794F80C12F9.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
How long before new Superchargers show up in the Tesla Nav. screen?

Will be doing a road trip from CA to Dallas, may not need to charge here, but would be good place for a break.

The Tesla planner has me charging at Childress then next at Denton, 208 mi.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.35.09 AM.png

Last edited:
How long before new Superchargers show up in the Tesla Nav. screen?

Will be doing a road trip from CA to Dallas, may not need to charge here, but would be good place for a break.

The Tesla planner has me charging at Childress then next at Denton, 208 mi.
View attachment 466377

Use abrp, it already has it in their database and you can plan accordingly. I picked up my car in San Diego last April. Drove to LA to visit relatives for a few days, then headed to Dallas on I40. Had no issues whatsoever. Did the Childress to Southlake leg (before Henrietta) with 14% battery left on my 2015 S85D.

A25A4A15-D261-43C8-9F62-636FC28AE126.jpeg

Once this makes the Tesla maps, does Tesla show if a station is out because of local utility? Or do you just arrive and are out of luck?
It CAN show up as reduced rate or out of service, but it really isn't reliable. On the other hand, it is a pretty rare occurrence. In about 40k miles of Supercharger travel, I have only encountered one SC completely out of service when I arrived.

I will try Henrietta next Mon. This time will charge to 95% at Denton to make Childress without sweating it.

Which direction is impacted by winds most?

It seems to me that most often I encounter head winds or cross winds when I'm heading west (from Denton to Childress). Probably depends on time of year/season. Also, there is approximately 1,200' elevation gain when going west and while that may not seem significant that alone probably eats up ~10 miles of range that is often overlooked.

Mike

Reactions: rafacq and mpmeyer
I will try Henrietta next Mon. This time will charge to 95% at Denton to make Childress without sweating it.

Which direction is impacted by winds most?
This leg is much tougher heading west than east, not just because of the prevailing winds, but because of the elevation change. So if Henrietta is out of service, you might want to charge to 100% and/or start the trip driving the speed limit (or even 5-10mph less). Cold and rain are also range killers, so keep an eye out for that too.

Charged there both ways on my trip to NM. Wind was real bad between Denton and Amarillo and temp dropped to low 40s. Started with 85% charge & reached Henrietta SC with <5%. Can't imagine what would have happened without this SC. Great location for SC.

View attachment 468950

View attachment 468953

You would have stopped at a RV park in Vernon. Ask me how I know... ;-)

Charged there both ways on my trip to NM. Wind was real bad between Denton and Amarillo and temp dropped to low 40s. Started with 85% charge & reached Henrietta SC with <5%. Can't imagine what would have happened without this SC. Great location for SC.

The Monday after Henrietta opened, I drove to Amarillo. I charged my 2015 S85D to 90% in Southlake and car nav said I would arrive Childress with 6% SOC. Hoping Henrietta SC was working (per several group reports) I drove 78 to 80mph and saw the 6% arrival estimate drop to -1% by the time I made Henrietta.

Luckily the stalls were working and had no problems juicing up while enjoying some delicious Texas Smokehouse ribs.

Had I found the chargers were not working, my backup was continue driving to Vernon at 55mph and hope my estimated Childress arrival SOC go back up to 1 or 2%, otherwise find the Hampton destination charger and get enough juice to make to Childress. Lucky I did not have to rely on my backup plan.

Yes, the ribs were pretty good.
EBCA1E22-3799-44D3-A928-90AD28CE9FB2.jpeg

I drove the route from Trinidad to Denton yesterday, and wish I had known this Supercharger was open! I'm driving a P3D, had it loaded up with cargo and two people, and I was a bit apprehensive about doing this leg. Charged to 95% and then headed out. I drove conservatively for the first half, then drove the speed limit or better for the second half, arriving with about 30 miles remaining. I did see the lit up Supercharger (at night) driving by the Henrietta exit, but didn't realize it was that far along, much less complete and operational, or I would have stopped. Wonder why it's not in Tesla's maps yet.

• Funny
Reactions: rafacq