Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winnipeg, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the transformer is wired up & ready for the construction crew to get there. I have to agree, it is under construction, but Winnipeg may be the last to get lit up.
The construction crew must feel like they are being stalked!
No action in Brandon as of this morning.

The trailer is easy to read in my Portage post from a while ago - I assume it's the same crew all across western Canada (or prairies, or whatever it's called). I assume they are busy in Medicine Hat for now, according to current posts.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarcoRP
What are the odds that they are holding this site off till next spring of next year? considering there has not been much activity on this site? No digging etc. Almost all the sites in the Prairies have at least the initial stage completed. For the past 3 weeks, there has been no activity reported from any new location.

They will need to get at it ASAP if pouring concrete or they will have to hoard it or use pre-cast. Guessing they have about 3 weeks before freeze up. Nothing happening in Brandon as of this morning. Will be testing cold weather battery range on Monday by traveling to Portage, Winnipeg & back. Not used to only electric travel and certainly don't know the range or wattage use per km at these temperatures.

They will need to get at it ASAP if pouring concrete or they will have to hoard it or use pre-cast. Guessing they have about 3 weeks before freeze up. Nothing happening in Brandon as of this morning. Will be testing cold weather battery range on Monday by traveling to Portage, Winnipeg & back. Not used to only electric travel and certainly don't know the range or wattage use per km at these temperatures.

General rule of thumb: when on the highway and using the heater, range will be reduced by about one-third.

*cue arguments about 30% vs 33% vs dry vs rain vs ...*

There is always the fast charger at Polo Park if things look suspect. Not free, but it is fast.
No adapter for the 50 Kw, but would only take $1.50 and I think I can afford that :D. The one at Fort Whyte Alive is supposed to be 40 Kw so not that much slower. Thanks for the info. So looking forward to the SuC in Polo Park or even Portage La Prairie. Either would work for me.

No adapter for the 50 Kw, but would only take $1.50 and I think I can afford that :D. The one at Fort Whyte Alive is supposed to be 40 Kw so not that much slower. Thanks for the info. So looking forward to the SuC in Polo Park or even Portage La Prairie. Either would work for me.

Fort Whyte is good for 7.6kW/12kW/17kW depending on the Model you're driving.

It will be at least a month and a half before it's too cold to pour concrete. This is Canada, where government or big business cannot adequately plan to accomplish things in reasonable time, and projects that should be done in the summer often get delayed by interminable project and budget meetings until they are approved far too late in the year. Some lucky electricians will be connecting wires in subzero temperatures.

If you are going transCanada, then Portage and Prawda (depending on direction) are options too in the near future. If they are doing Saskatchewan (and according to the Sault Ste Marie thread, there too), the Manitoba sites already prepared can't be far behind.

I'll bet someone made a mistake and instead of 40 amps put 40 Kw in Plugshare or ABRP. I see it listed as 16 Kw in Plugshare and in ABRP now. Could have sworn it said 40 KW earlier today. Even sent in a bug report to ABRP. Good to know. Thanks again.

No problem. And if you get in a jam, I have an adapter that could be borrowed for an hour or two (provided the 3 uses the same adapter as the S).

The one at Ft Whyte is about the highest power charger in the city but there is really nothing much there. You pretty much need to stay with your car - painful if multiple hours. If you are staying in Winnipeg overnight, the Best Western Headingly is my favorite choice. The charge rate is lower, but you get to sleep in a bed. Pierogies for breakfast on Thursdays. Beware though that there is only one charger (J1772).