Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know who "South Melbourne EV Club" is? Trying to work out which is happening out of either:

(a) they have inside information on the Apollo Bay supercharger location
or
(b) they're adding incorrect info to Plugshare

1713871836456.png

1713871867529.png

South Melbourne EV Club
I don't believe that entity exists as an organisation in Ev related social media - in so far as I can't find them.

So 2 possibilities: they work in the Local council and have inside knowledge and are hiding their true identity or,
They are just speculating with the location and put the Apollo Bay proposed location where it is only because its the closest visible car park to the yellow star location in the Tesla SC maps (which is at the blue bus stop icon), and there is angled parking on that part of Great O Road

The exact spot indicated by the Plugshare teardrop suggests the Hardy St foreshore parking area or the overflow gravel parking area - where the white ute with the trailer is in Google Maps street view. In my view that would not be a good spot in the context of the wider community's use of the area. A SC location should not negatively impact on available amenity of the town. If I lived in the town and that site was chosen, I would be writing letters in protest to the Local council.

Last edited:
Would be so much easier if Plugshare had a simple rule of no photo of a charger or charger under construction, no new addition.

My other recent peeve is Plugshare allowing sites to be added with "Please see xx app for up to date pricing details". Far better to have a price that might be a little out of date than no information at all.. Mods of the FB forums refused to approve a question being asked on that topic.

My other recent peeve is Plugshare allowing sites to be added with "Please see xx app for up to date pricing details". Far better to have a price that might be a little out of date than no information at all.. Mods of the FB forums refused to approve a question being asked on that topic.
It would be nice if more networks fed this data to PlugShare, like Evie, bp pulse and Chargefox do.

*glares at Tesla, etc*

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Would be so much easier if Plugshare had a simple rule of no photo of a charger or charger under construction, no new addition.

Even betterer would be:
  • Only verified network owners (e.g. Tesla, Evie, NRMA etc) can upload new station information for their own network. Individuals would not be able to. This restriction is already in place for editing such locations (e.g. only Tesla can edit a Tesla entry in Plugshare).
  • For all other stations, individuals can only add a location if the GPS location of the device they are using to create the entry is within 200m of the location they are trying to add. And I agree - also upload of a photo is required, with the GPS metadata in the photo matching the location being uploaded. This would vastly improve their data integrity and stop the placement of stations in Antarctica, uninhabited islands, the middle of the ocean, North Korea etc.

They are just speculating with the location and put the Apollo Bay proposed location where it is only because its the closest visible car park to the yellow star location in the Tesla SC maps (which is at the blue bus stop icon), and there is angled parking on that part of Great O Road
I'm pretty sure this is it, just wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.

I've just looked up a bunch of other future (un-built) superchargers on there, and I'm wondering what the point is. People just check into them by mistake.

1713960667041.png

1713960750847.png

1713960915807.png

ONe that does baffle me however, is this one - Scone. Clearly a supercharger. But added by a Plugshare admin... it's not on the NSW Grant map, it's not on Tesla's map - the only "official" sources are this forum and supercharge.info. The name "Scone, NSW" is identical to the format sc.info uses, but the marker is at slightly different co-ordinates. It's not on OpenStreetMap or Google Maps.

1713961199196.png

1713961270186.png

There are some attractive/interesting prices under 60c (not including non peak TOU SC) at:
I dont the pre discount prices but a lot dropped from 70c to 68c
I believe Yass went from 70c to 54c

NSW
Kirrawee 50c
Yass 54c
Central Coast 56c
Yass 54c
Tamworth 58c

Hollydene just scraping in at 60c

ACT
Tugerranong 51c
Majura Park 51c

VIC
Moonee Ponds 51c
Mornington 51c
Box Hill 52c
Dandenong 53c
Brighton 57c
Wangaratta 58c

Bendigo 59c

Euroa scraping in at 60c
Horsham also 60c

QLD
Runaway Bay 46c
Broadbeach 49c
North Lakes 50c
Rochedale 56c
Tweed head 58c
Indoorolilly 59C (peak)

SA
Adelaide 53c
Mt Gambier 58c

WA
Coogee (fremantle) 51c

Nearby SC with different prices
Albury 61c/wodonga 64c
Ballarat 55c / Lucas 66c
Port Macquarie Cassegrain 65c/Thrumster 63c

Cheapest TOU off peak
Camberwell 30c but mostly the TOU offpeak is 31c

The most expensive:
Fortitude Valley 83c (peak)
Broadway 74c (peak)

Interesting that Rocketman does not make a song and dance about price drops but I guess he sacked the entire Tesla ad team

Last edited:
Looks like it's back to the future for Tesla at 118-124 Bourke St Alexandria in Sydney (the original showroom/ service/ delivery centre, now showroom and collision repair)

Last week they lodged a DA for 6 V3 superchargers just off the street, in a public area before the gate line
(This is similar to the original plans for the site which were seemingly dropped. Round 1 of NSW Govt funding was for a block away at the homemaker centre on O'Riordan St)

photostudio_1714271565269.jpg

The image render for the V3 superchargers looks a little dated (T rather than Tesla) and thicker cables.

Also interesting is the stated cost of only $110k.
photostudio_1714271460780.jpg

Hat tip to lumbox on Plugshare who added a pin.

(Posted here rather than a new thread given last time this didn't happen so think wait till DA approved and construction actually starts)