Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SCoz.png

Latest supercharger map from today's shareholder presentation. Just look at all those superchargers in WA. If only it was true...

And in Qld.. all the way up to Cooktown.
Lots of artistic license in those dots.

And only 10 blue dots.
What I don't get.. surely it is MORE work to create yet another supercharger map dataset? (their in-car nav and website map use completely different data, now they coming up with a 3rd)

The only reason I can think of is that they are intentionally vague in order for it not be seen as promises in precise locations. The blue dots are only indicative of where they are going.

Doesn't explain the weird distribution of "existing site" dots, though.

What I don't get.. surely it is MORE work to create yet another supercharger map dataset? (their in-car nav and website map use completely different data, now they coming up with a 3rd)
I don't think this is generated from a dataset of supercharger locations. It's very likely just something directly created by digital artist, using a map of cities as a reference.

Usually the pins stick around even if things stall. It's handy to have the marker there as a link to this discussion. Generally if a planned site goes stale, there is usually a nearby site that will pop up to replace it and I'll relocate the old pin to new location. I'll chat to the other editors over the weekend and see what they think.

Reactions: Baymax44