Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Observation & speculation incoming:

Of the 4 most recently opened SCs in Australia, 3 are in urban areas (Moonee Ponds, Macquarie Park, Camberwell).

From various Tesla groups on FB, there are rumours of two more coming relatively soon. Frankston, and one in SW Sydney (near Crossroads). And also one coming near Geelong. Note that these are all urban areas. (I also emphasise that they are all rumours - apart from the Frankston location they are not on Tesla's "coming soon" map)

My speculation: Tesla are building out the urban locations now with V2 superchargers because they are not going to build out the regional/highway locations until V3 is available.

ChargeFox just built in Ballarat and we've already got a SC, I've contacted them to try and see if they'll do something in Shepparton Victoria as there is no DC options around there unless you head 40km to Euroa.

I've spoken to the Shepparton Council and they're going to have some public chargers available at the new Shepparton Art Museum once it's built, and they also mentioned introducing other infrastructure in the area in the near future. They didn't mention specifics about what sort of chargers though.

Those of you after a Geelong site, take a look at the Barrabool Hills Plaza in Highton. The owner of that centre owns 6 shopping centres and two of them are the Bendigo and Gympie supercharger host sites. This is all speculation from me, but Tippo (who many of you know) has been dropping hints about activity in Geelong on FB for some time. So, it might be worth keeping an eye out. The location is perfect (being on the outskirts of Geelong, serving the city and also highway travellers passing through).

They also own the Colac Plaza, but there hasn't been any suggest that Tesla is looking to build there.

Those of you after a Geelong site, take a look at the Barrabool Hills Plaza in Highton. The owner of that centre owns 6 shopping centres and two of them are the Bendigo and Gympie supercharger host sites. This is all speculation from me, but Tippo (who many of you know) has been dropping hints about activity in Geelong on FB for some time. So, it might be worth keeping an eye out. The location is perfect (being on the outskirts of Geelong, serving the city and also highway travellers passing through).

They also own the Colac Plaza, but there hasn't been any suggest that Tesla is looking to build there.
Chuq, There are already 2 Destination Chargers at Colac Plaza, adjacent to the new Coles Supermarket.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq

Given the recent news about Warrnambool (see this post) - it may be worth scouting around this location in Geelong a bit more!