Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a quick look (council meetings, NSW Govt planning portal, social media, etc) just in case there was something that passed us by... but still no news.

Assuming the location is still the "leaked" address of 38 Swift St (Holbrook RSL).
Unlikely to be any council or planning/DA here as it is a private car park and this would unlikely trigger a DA requirement, though I understand the compulsion to search none the less. :)

Unless new parking spaces are required or a solar canopy is being added any new electrical infrastructure required
Can’t remember who said this, but I remember reading or hearing somewhere that installing a charger can just be done once the appropriate power is brought in. But once you add a roof for shade, it’s a “structure” & requires a DA, slowing down the process immensely.

I wish it were the same for residential developments. Just changing the colour of the roof requires a DA

What?

Your profile says you are in Sydney so NSW planning laws apply.

Providing you are changing nothing about the shape of your roof you can do what you like, up to and including replacing tiles with colorbond sheeting.
This is deemed to be 'recladding', thus non-structural and hence an exempt development. You don't even have to tell council...

(c) the repair to or replacement of a non-structural wall or roof cladding,

However if there is a covenant over your development specifying certain building characteristics then that's another matter...

Reactions: Vostok and RichardV
Hmm I better talk with council again. Last time they said no need to put in a DA but thanks

Councils often don’t know their own rules. I was originally told in 2018 that I needed a DA to put solar panels on my roof, because even though my house isn’t heritage listed, the street I am on is. So I put in the DA, and then Heritage refused the application 😳.

Instead of getting mad (well, I did initially get mad 🫤), I got even, and researched NSW‘s Planning Policies and eventually found that a DA was not required under SEPP (Infrastructure) 2007, which of course overrides any Council policy, including Heritage.

I then wrote to Council and had a meeting with the General Manager to explain the planning laws to him. And then had my panels installed.

SEPP (Infrastructure) 2007 has since been repealed and replaced by SEPP (Transport and Infrastructure) 2021

Comment on twitter: "Rosedale in vic will get 12 stalls in the near future. Land acquired for it already"

1691221701890.png

(blurred for privacy in case it's not public info and they delete it later)

I couldn't find any public record and the person tweeting couldn't provide any detail so a bit speculative for now.

Close to Moe (54 km), but Moe is only 3 stalls too, and makes the gap to Cann River less stressful (258 km instead of 312 km).

1691221962618.png

Comment on twitter: "Rosedale in vic will get 12 stalls in the near future. Land acquired for it already"

View attachment 962435

(blurred for privacy in case it's not public info and they delete it later)

I couldn't find any public record and the person tweeting couldn't provide any detail so a bit speculative for now.

Close to Moe (54 km), but Moe is only 3 stalls too, and makes the gap to Cann River less stressful (258 km instead of 312 km).

View attachment 962436

Ooh, excellent location and would open up Central Gipplsland area in a big way. I hope it happens!

Reactions: Chuq