Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To summarise what's available

Regional (7)
NSW - Braidwoid, Narrandera, Mildura
Vic - Leongatha
Tas - Campbell Town
SA - Victoria Harbour, Port Wakefield

City (11)
Brisbane - Strathpine, Kedron, Sunnybank, Ipswich
Sydney - Box Hill
Canberra - Nicholls
Melbourne - Epping. Greenvale, Deer Park, Point Cook
Perth - Cannington

Also
2 sites in South Korea, 12 in Japan and 2 in Taiwan for Asia Pac competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardV and B3AU
Narrandera would be an excellent location. It's at the intersection of the A20 (Sydney to Adelaide route) and A39 (Melbourne to Brisbane route).
The voting map appears to omit:
1. the existing Yass site
2. The existing second CBR site
3. The existing second Port Macquarie site
(There are probably others)
This gives a false impression of where the "gaps" are.

As discussed on the Mildura thread, there are several potential infill sites to make Mildura useful on the NSW Sturt. Narrandera is only 100km from Wagga, but is useful if also building out the Newell. The 300 km from (Tobe) Hay to Mildura means that Hay and Mildura become mandatory stops, and both need to be available. An alternative would be useful.

The Braidwood stop is not particularly useful. It is 83 km from the CBR airport SCs, and then 60km down to the (Tobe) Batemans Bay. Infill is better placed elsewhere.

Reactions: chadwickau
As @Chuq has been very helpful in getting mainland state sites a vote I’m going for Campbell Town in Tasmania, it’s almost halfway between Hobart and Launceston and is a great spot for a 15 minute stop. The 2 generic DC chargers are already under pressure and now the Hobart Service/Showroom is open Tesla sales in Tasmania are going to climb rapidly.

To summarise what's available

Regional (7)
NSW - Braidwoid, Narrandera, Mildura
Vic - Leongatha
Tas - Campbell Town
SA - Victoria Harbour, Port Wakefield

City (11)
Brisbane - Strathpine, Kedron, Sunnybank, Ipswich
Sydney - Box Hill
Canberra - Nicholls
Melbourne - Epping. Greenvale, Deer Park, Point Cook
Perth - Cannington

Also
2 sites in South Korea, 12 in Japan and 2 in Taiwan for Asia Pac competition.

And still nothing proposed for Newcastle city?? 🤷‍♂️

Just like the last round ended (and this one started) as I was in the middle of driving from Kalgoorlie to Broad Arrow, this round ended just as I’m at the start of a 3 day trip away with my kids!

Typically the sites in the voting block are sites which Tesla wouldn’t have much data for (e.g. regional/remote), and I try to distribute them around different states (i.e. one location per state each round).

Given that, I would consider:

* Port Wakefield, SA (over Victor Harbor)
* Narranderra, NSW (over Braidwood)
* Campbell Town, Tas

Not sure about Leongatha (Vic has received 3 so far)
Not sure about Cannington (typically don’t select urban are excluded, but WA is fairly poorly covered)
Not sure about the Qld ones (all are urban, but conscious that Qld hasn’t had any sites yet)

Also … I’m baffled that Mildura made it! It has been in 6th place for 2 days and the gap was widening each time I checked.. 15 votes, 30 votes, 70 votes… anyway, great result!

Weird that Mildura is still in the voting list for this round though :(. Maybe one of the Japanese sites in positions #2-5 had a supercharger completed during the 3 months (a bit like Rockhampton) … so the results needed a bit of manual tweaking?

Also … I’m baffled that Mildura made it! It has been in 6th place for 2 days and the gap was widening each time I checked.. 15 votes, 30 votes, 70 votes… anyway, great result!

Weird that Mildura is still in the voting list for this round though :(. Maybe one of the Japanese sites in positions #2-5 had a supercharger completed during the 3 months (a bit like Rockhampton) … so the results needed a bit of manual tweaking?
The last of the four Japanese sites, Suwa, is neither listed in the new round of voting nor marked as a vote winner for last quarter.

Maybe they ditched it for other reasons or maybe they detected some voting irregularities, I have seen that before during a voting round where one of the sites had a huge lead over anything else then its lead disappeared.

Looking at two of the voted in Japan sites, they are pretty out there for Japan, practically in Russia. Possibly the equivalent of an outback Japanese Supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Looking at two of the voted in Japan sites, they are pretty out there for Japan, practically in Russia. Possibly the equivalent of an outback Japanese Supercharger.
Those two remote ones are in Hokkaido, not that populated but still a popular destination especially in Winter. Technically, still a few small islands away from Russia.

Mildura is like Rockhampton from the last round, just hope ppl can realise it wins the last round soon.

Reactions: gazpachopolice
Maybe they ditched it for other reasons or maybe they detected some voting irregularities,
That reminds me, I didn’t want to suggest anything while voting was still going on but… votes per day per site for approx Mon-Wed this week…. looks quite “structured” …

IMG_0159.jpeg

(Ignore Leongatha’s first day, I think I missed the initial day’s data)

Not sure about the Qld ones (all are urban, but conscious that Qld hasn’t had any sites yet)
Whilst the QLD sites I nominated are "urban" they are on the Highways and where Highways meet. Warwick is on the New England Highway to/from Brisbane or Toowoomba. As is the Redbank plains site. I picked both sites because of their proximity to power, Eateries, and toilets. The Maryborough West is on the Bruce Highway and by situating one here allows you to reach the next supercharger in Calliope without stopping at a third party site. Personally, I would list the Maryborough West as the top site required, out of the three.

Whilst the QLD sites I nominated are "urban" they are on the Highways and where Highways meet. Warwick is on the New England Highway to/from Brisbane or Toowoomba. As is the Redbank plains site. I picked both sites because of their proximity to power, Eateries, and toilets. The Maryborough West is on the Bruce Highway and by situating one here allows you to reach the next supercharger in Calliope without stopping at a third party site. Personally, I would list the Maryborough West as the top site required, out of the three.
Maryborough West is not on the list of proposed sites to vote for.
Presumably 'Maryborough West' is a site you have nominated via the 'Suggest New Location'. There is no visibility into which sites have been suggested via 'Suggest New Location' option and is not, at least at this stage, something that is being proposed to co-ordinate suggestions for.