Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this fake?

Superchargers (proposed?) at the Alexandria delivery centre?

IMG_2823.jpeg

Is this fake?

Superchargers (proposed?) at the Alexandria delivery centre?

View attachment 1021876
This location was announced in round 1 of the drive NSW electric government funding. Address announced was for the home maker centre next to the delivery centre. Though locations may and have changed for sites. The original timeline for round 1 sites was to be complete by around end of 2024.

A Plugshare entry has been added for Mackay - only a couple of days ago: Mackay supercharger (Coming Soon) | Ooralea, QLD | EV Station. No comments, photos or other evidence provided.

It's at the "leaked" location address from a couple of years ago (Woolworths @ Ooralea), but this doesn't align with any of the Queensland Govt funded locations. Either could be correct (most "leaked" addresses ended up being right, but a couple were not).

So this one could be correct, or it could just be someone getting ahead of themselves.

Reactions: B3AU
Coming up to end of quarter, and I haven't really had time to push the supercharger voting this quarter. I don't think I posted in any groups or forums. I've just had a look and no Australian site is anywhere near top 5 (1000+ votes away). So I'll give this one a break, and instead, over Easter, I'll prep for the next quarter.

Dunedin is #3, so lets let them have that one :)

Next quarter, I reckon the list will be:
  • Port Wakefield, SA
  • Campbell Town, Tas
  • Narrandera, NSW
  • Ipswich, Qld
  • Leongatha, Vic
It appears (other threads) that the Queensland coast is well and truly in progress, as is link between Adelaide/Sydney via Mildura/Hay, and a central Perth site. This cuts out most of the possible routes that may be added.

Unless Tesla add any surprise extra options, just to mess with us!

Reactions: leonk and B3AU
The on again off again Bondi Junction Supercharger would be a great addition, Broadway is often slammed by the rapidly expanding Uber crowd and the 2 additional at the Tram Sheds really hasn’t made a difference.

Reactions: B3AU
The on again off again Bondi Junction Supercharger would be a great addition, Broadway is often slammed by the rapidly expanding Uber crowd and the 2 additional at the Tram Sheds really hasn’t made a difference.
I thought there was also plans for one at Alexandria? If so, that will aid in relieveing pressure off Broadway/Forest Lodge too.

Let's hope they clean up the voting, there's 421 wasted votes right now for Mildura which is in service.
That’s true, Mildura was also a winning location in 2023 Q4 so the fact it was included this round was obviously an error.

More generally, there is logic to not push the group voting until the last few weeks, in case one of the voting options suddenly appears in build during the quarter, but it’s also good to establish “lead” sites at the start, as a lot of people who just happen upon the SC voting page randomly may just vote for the five Aussie sites which are the highest.

Reactions: Davemcd and B3AU
I thought there was also plans for one at Alexandria? If so, that will aid in relieveing pressure off Broadway/Forest Lodge too.
NSW Govt Rd 1 funding for Bondi Junction, Alexandria and South Eveleigh, all of which will take load from Broadway and Forest Lodge (and should be constructed by end of 2024)

Added a vote for Dunedin from my spare 2.. the Kiwis have done well.
(Albeit Dunedin also got added to the map as coming soon in Q3 2024 a couple of weeks ago)

Last edited: